PDA

View Full Version : Crysonic Plugins?

Microstudio
06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Anyone using these plugins, if so what do you think?

Man they are low cost!

trock
06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
link?

Microstudio
06-13-2006, 08:49 AM
link?

www.crysonic.com (http://www.crysonic.com/)?

Pedro Itriago
06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
www.crysonic.com (http://www.crysonic.com/)?

Are you thinking about shading them? ;)

Microstudio
06-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Are you thinking about shading them? ;)

Funny....no, but I might reshade your avitar..:D

Just would like know if anyone is using them.

bcorkery
06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Are you thinking about shading them? ;)One of these days Pedro ... POW! To the moon Pedro!!

TotalSonic
06-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Kind of slightly off the topic of this thread - but -

Once upon a time, when the VST standard was just a few years old and all of a sudden there were tons of developers offering stuff, I went totally plugin crazy and downloaded every single piece of freeware or demo I could find just to try them all out. But after a few years what happened is that I found a few tools, mostly SAW native ones, that did their jobs well and made all the other numerous plugins I checked out redundant at best. I really truly believe that to achieve the best possible sounding mixes - at some point it's not just the variety of processing options that you have - but your familiarity with the ones that you do have that in fact leads to better and much more efficiently made choices. i.e. knowing from experience exactly what applications and which bands a particular eq sounds "best" - something which is harder to establish if you have twenty instead of four (which is the amount of different digital eq's I use on any kind of regular basis) to choose from. This is why I think you'll find that some of the most acclaimed engineers just use a few tools that they've been using for years (with maybe one or two "new toys" that they are in the process of checking out) instead of having a processor list a mile long.

Anyway - I'm not saying that checking out new stuff isn't good - just that what is "good" in a plugin (both in its sound and gui) is a very subjective thing - so to me polling for opinions on these things on boards is not half of good use of your time as just downloading the demo and checking it out for yourself!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

johndale
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Stay away from those CrySonic. I got in on their group buy about a year ago ($40) and the thing was useless. Crashed my machine and when it did work "total Mud". When I contacted their support, they never replied. Untill about 5 months later and they had a update they wanted to sell me. They spammed me so bad I had to block them. Garbage, remember you get what you pay for 99% of the time. They are inexpensive, I wonder why?
John

Sam C
06-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I really truly believe that to achieve the best possible sounding mixes - at some point it's not just the variety of processing options that you have - but your familiarity with the ones that you do have that in fact leads to better and much more efficiently made choices. i.e.

I know this is true in my case. The plugs I use over and over are where I get my best results.

But........there is something about plug ins that brings out the irrational child in me. Gotta see it, gotta have it, five's not enough, that one looks cooler!............

Microstudio
06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Kind of slightly off the topic of this thread - but -

Once upon a time, when the VST standard was just a few years old and all of a sudden there were tons of developers offering stuff, I went totally plugin crazy and downloaded every single piece of freeware or demo I could find just to try them all out. But after a few years what happened is that I found a few tools, mostly SAW native ones, that did their jobs well and made all the other numerous plugins I checked out redundant at best. I really truly believe that to achieve the best possible sounding mixes - at some point it's not just the variety of processing options that you have - but your familiarity with the ones that you do have that in fact leads to better and much more efficiently made choices. i.e. knowing from experience exactly what applications and which bands a particular eq sounds "best" - something which is harder to establish if you have twenty instead of four (which is the amount of different digital eq's I use on any kind of regular basis) to choose from. This is why I think you'll find that some of the most acclaimed engineers just use a few tools that they've been using for years (with maybe one or two "new toys" that they are in the process of checking out) instead of having a processor list a mile long.

Anyway - I'm not saying that checking out new stuff isn't good - just that what is "good" in a plugin (both in its sound and gui) is a very subjective thing - so to me polling for opinions on these things on boards is not half of good use of your time as just downloading the demo and checking it out for yourself!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Steve I agree with you 100%. I did download the demo and checked it out, really did not do much for me and not that I even need it.....it looked kinda cool and I have never heard of them...so I checked them out.

I have stated in previous threads the same thing you are hitting on. But I always have an eye & ear open for anything that might help. I have less then a handful of great EQ's..2 and the Native SS EQ & Comp that work just great for me.... My Echo & Delay come with SS and work great and are very powerful.

I have been using a handful of Waves..pre ilok stuff for years. Bob's Levelizer is looking like my next plug-in purchase, I think the fact that it is Native, works in the SoundFile view, sounds great and is only a $Buck.....not to mention the new Skin for it...:cool: , makes it a great buy. Plus the FA is a must, I like the look of the led’s and the way you can control the view, really represents the FQ nice. I have been using the Waves PAZ FA for years; the SS FA will soon take over.

Dave Labrecque
06-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Bob's Levelizer is looking like my next plug-in purchase, I think the fact that it is Native, works in the SoundFile view...

Not sure what you mean by "works in the SF view", but all I know that it does with the SF view is show you threshold lines there when you tweak it. The processing still takes place where it's patched, which is in a SAW mixer's patch point, which is fed by the MT. :)

crysonic
06-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Stay away from those CrySonic. I got in on their group buy about a year ago ($40) and the thing was useless. Crashed my machine and when it did work "total Mud". When I contacted their support, they never replied. Untill about 5 months later and they had a update they wanted to sell me. They spammed me so bad I had to block them. Garbage, remember you get what you pay for 99% of the time. They are inexpensive, I wonder why?
John
Hi John,

Please note that you have paid only $16 for SPECTRALIVE at the time with the group buy (which is a very good price), We have demo's available for all our products and we specifically state that you test them with your own gear extensively before you purchase. The only e-mail we sent you were two e-mails informing you as a current customer of the available upgrade (the upgrade consisted of many new features for only $10) if you consider that spam, I apologies.

We have in most instances the quickest response for customer service I know of, most support related questions are answered within 4-5 hours, however there sometimes time differences since we are located in Australia.

There are over 2500+ very happy Spectralive users and it is inevitable that there is a small number of people with technical problems and if we cannot solve your problem we are more then happy to refund your money.

Cheap does not certainly equal to low quality, this is avery competitive market (not to mention the piracy issues) and that is the primary reason we like to keep our prices low. There are hundreds of VST's including free ones that blow away other products costing hundreds of dollars.

We stand by our products 110%, we are hear for the long term and we have some great products lined up for the future including Mac OSX versions for all our plugins, If you think we are too cheap to buy, there is no one stopping you buying a competing product. We have some great reviews coming-up in Sound on Sound and Raveline Magazines in July, check them out!

Cheers,
crysonic

www.crysonic.com (http://www.crysonic.com)

johndale
06-14-2006, 01:43 AM
I also stand by what I say. We had this discussion on another forum. And you know EMU and a few others get great reviews in those Magazines also.
John

Microstudio
06-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Not sure what you mean by "works in the SF view", but all I know that it does with the SF view is show you threshold lines there when you tweak it. . :)

Yep...thats working in the SF View...nicely put.

Microstudio
06-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi John,

Please note that you have paid only $16 for SPECTRALIVE at the time with the group buy (which is a very good price), We have demo's available for all our products and we specifically state that you test them with your own gear extensively before you purchase. The only e-mail we sent you were two e-mails informing you as a current customer of the available upgrade (the upgrade consisted of many new features for only $10) if you consider that spam, I apologies.

We have in most instances the quickest response for customer service I know of, most support related questions are answered within 4-5 hours, however there sometimes time differences since we are located in Australia.

There are over 2500+ very happy Spectralive users and it is inevitable that there is a small number of people with technical problems and if we cannot solve your problem we are more then happy to refund your money.

Cheap does not certainly equal to low quality, this is avery competitive market (not to mention the piracy issues) and that is the primary reason we like to keep our prices low. There are hundreds of VST's including free ones that blow away other products costing hundreds of dollars.

We stand by our products 110%, we are hear for the long term and we have some great products lined up for the future including Mac OSX versions for all our plugins, If you think we are too cheap to buy, there is no one stopping you buying a competing product. We have some great reviews coming-up in Sound on Sound and Raveline Magazines in July, check them out!

Cheers,
crysonic

www.crysonic.com (http://www.crysonic.com)

Welcome to SawTalk CrySonic,

Maybe CrySonic could help support SawStudio and test your plug-ins on SS and if things are all good put SawStudio as one of the Daw Platforms that has been tested on your support page?

I downloaded your Spectra Q and liked the look and the sound was good, but not anything I am willing to change into right now, maybe in the feature? It did load and run perfect on my system thou.

Pedro Itriago
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
One of these days Pedro ... POW! To the moon Pedro!!

Funny you said that. I just did a pun about me going to the moon in another forum just 10 minutes ago