PDA

View Full Version : Tempo Mode default...

Dave Labrecque
06-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Bob,

It appears that whenever there's MIDI stuff going on in MWS, SAW defaults to Tempo Mode and will not save any other mode as the starting mode with the EDL. Can this be released, so that other modes can be saved with the EDL, even under these conditions?

In my case I'm doing long programs that have only occasional MIDI scoring throughout, so most of the time (actually, all of the time in this case) I want reg'lar ol' time mode happening.

Thanks. :)

Bob L
06-13-2006, 08:56 PM
When the Midi Workshop gets activated with data, it sets the timeline to Tempo... because that has been considered what you most probably would need to use midi.

It certainly is a simple matter to toggle the timeline display back to time mode with a click and then if you no longer open the midi window, it will stay that way for the duration of working in the session.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2006, 11:29 AM
When the Midi Workshop gets activated with data, it sets the timeline to Tempo... because that has been considered what you most probably would need to use midi.

It certainly is a simple matter to toggle the timeline display back to time mode with a click and then if you no longer open the midi window, it will stay that way for the duration of working in the session.

Bob L

Yeah, just one of those little things that could make the flow a little smoother if we had more control over it, I think. Don't you agree it'd make sense to allow the mode to save with the session, giving all the benefits to both potential needs of users, with no trade-off (other than your coding time, of course :))?

It's probably more acute for me because I'm re-opening these sessions frequently.

MikeDee
06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Or...if we won't be cluttering up the interface...have both the measure window and the time-SMPTE/mtc-sample window display simultaneously...perhaps one on top of the other.

Just trying to help find a solution without creating a problem...but I'll be happy either way, Bob. :cool:

Best regards,

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Or...if we won't be cluttering up the interface...have both the measure window and the time-SMPTE/mtc-sample window display simultaneously...perhaps one on top of the other.

Just trying to help find a solution without creating a problem...but I'll be happy either way, Bob. :cool:

Best regards,

That'd be cool, though I imagine the real estate would be an issue. FWIW, as far as I can tell, my request would not create a problem (other than take a bit of Bob's time); rather, it would improve the workflow while leaving the current flow advantage relatively untouched. :)

MikeDee
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Addendum: You can have the measure counter [window] disappear when not using the MWS.

Not sure if resizing of each might be required, depending on whether one or both are displayed. Not sure how that will affect graphic/overall performance, though.

Bottom line: Your call, Bob. :)

Arco
06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
..easy to toggle with a right-click on the time/measure display.