PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question about Recording

Demodave
06-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Is it possible to set up SAW so that it will record a pre-determined length...say one hour....then stop? I tried using the Control Track and inserting a Stop command; but that only works on playback.

Mark Stebbeds
06-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Is it possible to set up SAW so that it will record a pre-determined length...say one hour....then stop? I tried using the Control Track and inserting a Stop command; but that only works on playback.

There was an earlier thread about this, and I believe the answer is yes.

Do a search on this group of "timed recording" and see if you get the answers your looking for.

mark

Bob L
06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
The Ctrl Track is the right idea... use the SRP/REC combination and the Stop entry will work.

You can also set it to wait for a certain time and date to start the recording also.

Bob L

Demodave
06-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I knew it would be something simple. Thanks Bob!!

Brent Bennett
06-18-2006, 06:38 PM
You can also select an area of timeline - 1hour, then hit SRP and it will stop recording after the end of the selection. I'm not sure the thing will not still be running when you come back, but who cares (spacebar, then Home). Your recorded file will only be what you select.

bcorkery
06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I do what Brent said and then put a stop entry on the control track shortly after the recording has stopped at the end of the marked area.