PDA

View Full Version : Problems with N???

Car 24
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Has anyone experienced problems using the latest version N? I just experienced a couple of buffer overuns which I've never had before. In addition, I've had a couple occurances where the cursor in the multitrack view was in the incorrect place after I returned to that view from another view (I'm sure that one of them was after I'd made some changes during playback in the wide mixer view). I'm going to watch closer to see if I can determine some specifics.

johndale
06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I've noticed a few "quirks" like that. But I have not been documenting them. Something about a can't change a buffer on a output, but I had not changed anything? It's not a showstopper for me, I figured if it was not my doing. Someone else would mention it. I'll follow this thread, contribute what I can.
John

Bob L
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Have not noticed any problems here in verion n. Nothing has been reported to me and validated so far.

Check any new plugins you may be using... they can cause buffer overruns if they withold and alter buffer size or are extremely cpu intensive and you have your buffer latency set very low.

Bob L

Car 24
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
No new plugins. Using Anwida Spazio reverb SAW Levelizer, SAW delay and Sonoris dither. Output buffer is 4/128, same as I've been using all along. Problems occured on the same computer I've been using since day 1 of SAW.

Bob L
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Well... no engine changes in version n so it would seem something else may be going on that would have altered the system's ability to handle the low buffer sizes.

Bob L

johndale
06-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I recieved the problem with UAD1 Realverb.
John

Car 24
06-21-2006, 04:19 AM
I had 2 more instances of the cursor in the Multitrack view being in the wrong place. They both happened after changing parameter values in the Wide Mixer view and then F-keying to another view pre-set. I'm going to keep watching to see if I can figure out more specifics.

Bob L
06-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Nothing I have ever seen before... give us a step by step of how to recreate the problem and Ill check into it.

I am concerned you may have a mouse issue... if you are using a wireless mouse we have seen the cursor jump around when batteries get low.

Bob L

Car 24
06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Maybe I'm a little dense, but I'm not talking about the mouse cursor (arrow). I'm talking about the cursor on the Multitrack view not being in sync with the audio playback. ie. The song is playing back and is near the end but the cursor on the Multitrack is moving near the beginning of the song.

Bob L
06-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Well... that sounds like perhaps you have a time compression plugin involved... something that may be changing the playback speed without altering the display.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I recieved the problem with UAD1 Realverb.
John

I'm using Realverb right now on a project and have noticed some weirdness that I figured was related to buffers, but I have nothing definitive to show.

Car 24
06-21-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not using any time compression on any of my songs. I had another occurance tonight; I think it happened after I changed a delay setting (native SAW) while in the standard Wide Mixer view, then F-keying to another view to look at more tracks in the Multitrack.

johndale
06-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm using Realverb right now on a project and have noticed some weirdness that I figured was related to buffers, but I have nothing definitive to show.

I need to do some tracking tonight, have work I must get done. This heat has not had me feeling real "musical". But I'll try to get some description of what it is doing exactly and the conditions leading up to it. If a couple of us could do the same and give a report to Bob on what is exactly happening. Maybe there is a simple explination or "operator error". Myself, I know I did not see it untill UAD 4.03 . That I know for a fact. "n" did not do this untill the UAD update. I guess we will find out.
John

Dave Labrecque
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
I guess we will find out.

Hope so. :)

johndale
06-23-2006, 01:30 AM
I don't know I get a buffer over run SOMETIMES using Realverb. You have any luck Dave? Anyone else use Realverb (UAD) and have any buffer problems? Don't know, I guess I can live with it.
John

Dave Labrecque
06-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't know I get a buffer over run SOMETIMES using Realverb. You have any luck Dave? Anyone else use Realverb (UAD) and have any buffer problems? Don't know, I guess I can live with it.
John

I don't get the buffer underruns. I get inconsistent behavior of the reverb signal. My guess is that buffers are being dropped somewhere and so a relative 'predelay' is happening in the reverb stream. No such problem using SIR.

I've had other issues using the UAD-1 plugs. I think my system is long overdue for a wipe and re-install of XP. I'm pretty sure I'm sharing an IRQ with the UAD-1 card, which can't be a good thing.