PDA

View Full Version : Transport ? WHY

mikebuzz
06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Ok so I do alot of my own tracking WHY does the footswitch on the tranzport only START/STOP shouldnt it punch in ???????????????

Or am I seriously missing something here ( I cant seem to find a good reason that this would be the function for remote controls )

Later
Buzz

PS: I would LOVE a template that could use the footswitch as a punch-in !!!!!

Bob L
06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
The Footswitch emulates the MT play or the SRP button when record meters are armed.

To use for punching... simply mark an area for record... then the footswitch will start SRP and the record will automatically punch in the marked area.... i felt this offered more usefulness for the footswitch because it can also be used while in loop record mode to multiple layers or multiple takes.

Bob L

mikebuzz
06-19-2006, 06:06 PM
I basically figured that BUT , working alone or in another room it becomes hard to set the in /out points remotely then use the foot switch to start/stop ( besides you already have the buttons in front of you ! for start/stop !)
I assumed that it would function as most punch in switches do .

For remote recording this would be Excellent IMO ( at least in my case ) Besides you can always set your marked area then start/stop manually ( autopunch-in mode )

Later
Buzz
PS: I dont mean to argue but having a real time punch-in footswitch would be a huge benefit IMO , Also if the record was not armed it would act like a start/stop switch anyhow if setup that way ( which I'm sure you could do Bob !!!! ) BTW in trying the foot switch it didnt stop the MT ????? only started it

PSS: how about a 2nd Tranzport driver that has that function ??? I know your busy but can't hurt to ask !!!

Bob L
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll look into it... but when you say you already have the buttons in front of you for start and stop... well then you also have the Rec button for punching in/out... not sure I follow this reasoning.

Also... you can easily set in and out points from the remote and also set locators remotely... I'm not sure I understand what the problem is...

But... let me see if I can look at the code.

Bob L

Tim Miskimon
06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll look into it... but when you say you already have the buttons in front of you for start and stop... well then you also have the Rec button for punching in/out... not sure I follow this reasoning.

Also... you can easily set in and out points from the remote and also set locators remotely... I'm not sure I understand what the problem is...

But... let me see if I can look at the code.

Bob L

If I can butt in here - the foot switch for punch in would be great. While I've got both hands on the guitar waiting for the punch in point to come around it would be nice to do it with my foot. I can use my hands to start or stop it afterwards.
I agree it would be easier than setting up the punch in & out points and most of the time I prefer to do it manually anyway.
So here's another vote for punch in & out with the foot switch....:)

mikebuzz
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
That was exactly my reasoning !!! guitarist have it BAD !!!
being able to punch on the fly is really helpful for self recording

Thanks Bob I appreciate the effort

LAter
Buzz