PDA

View Full Version : Missing sound files - Where dey go?

Dayo
06-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Hi there

Today I converted some mp3 sound files into stereo wav 16 bit 44.1.

The problem occurs when I try and open them in SawStudio. Some will open fine, some will not. I get an error message, usually; "file xyz cannot be found"; or sometimes; "file xyz has an unrecognised header type".

I've tried two different converters - get the same prob with both - and the wav files do show up in the correct folder - they will even play in windows media player without a hitch. So why can't Saw open all of them? Why some and not the others? Soundforge plays them fine too.

Any ideas anyone? Huge thanks.

Dayo (Frustrated!)

Bob L
06-21-2006, 09:40 AM
If you are converting soundfiles to be then used in a SAWStudio project... you should place them in the destination folder for the project before you add them into the MT.

If you already have used the files in an edl and then moved them around... you will have to tell the edl where they have moved as it complains about them.

The edl keeps a link to where the files are as you work on the session creating regions and editing and mixing.

If you open the edl and get a complaint... simply use the Shift key when you click OK to open the link browser dialog and navigate to where the file is currently placed... this will automatically relink inside the edl... when you have done them all... then resave the edl... and that will retain the new links.

It should be a very simple and straightforward procedure.

Bob L