PDA

View Full Version : Help.....Head Phone Mix Problem

DBX160
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi,
Tonight is my first SAW tracking session.
I have a little hang up.
I have a RME Fireface, and use outputs 9/10 for my Headphone mix.
I route Aux 6 in SAW to my FF device 5 (outs 9&10) and it routes it fine to my headphone amp.
The problem I am having is that when I SOLO a channel in the mix window, it SOLO's it in the headphone mix.
(It solo's the track but I can still hear the rest of the HP mix just quieter)

I would like to be able to SOLO and stuff in my mixer window without affecting the HP mix.
Is that Possible?
if so How?

Thank you...Myke

Bob L
06-22-2006, 03:32 PM
When doing headphone mixes from the aux sends... I suggest using the PRE FDR setting on the aux sends... in that way... mutes and solos of other tracks will not affect the headphone mix.

Using PST FDR settings on the aux sends will follow what is happening on the main fader mix... including solos and mutes.

But I would also suggest that you monitor directly from the main fader mix in the mixer views... assign the tracks to whatever device you want to physically route thru to monitor... either thru speakers or headphones... but by using the main mix, you are free to solo and mute and even use eq and compressors for what you are hearing, without affecting the tracking data if you also select the Mixer Pre Fx routing option in the Mixer Menu.

Bob L

DBX160
06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply Bob,
I am monitoring from the main bus in SAW,
but my headphone mix is separate,
I moved the AUX6 assign to Device 4 (out7&8) and it works how I want it to
(I think)
I guess we will see tonight.
I think the problem is that damn RME Matrix system.
I have to get a handle on that.

Myke

DBX160
06-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Yup it was the Matrix,
Sorry to jump the gun.
I am a bit nervous about tonight.