PDA

View Full Version : OT: Shade Design

trock
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I have been using the latest version of corel to edit the military shade for fun, one thing i love but don't know how to do is, how do you highlite the edges and stuff to give the picture depth?? i zoomed into the bit level and i see where the main part RGB starts to be different per bit, but do you use some tool to do this or do you literally go block by block????

just curious cause i am doodling tight now and would love to be able to carve stuff out like you guyshave

thanks

Microstudio
06-25-2006, 08:27 AM
I use Fireworks but I am sure it is called the same thing in Coral.

I have tried all of the Graphic editors and Fireworks is by far the easiest and very powerful.

Search in the coral helpfile under Bevel or Emboss

trock
06-26-2006, 06:28 AM
AHHHHH

thanks!

bevel or emboss, i will check it out. how do you use that in your work?? do you point it at an edge or something, or a corner??

i was literally going bit by bit and changing the RGB by say 2 each time, over the last 12 bits from a side etc!

and then i realized i would die, alone in my chair, before i ever got something done!

thanks for the tip!

Microstudio
06-26-2006, 09:27 AM
AHHHHH

thanks!

bevel or emboss, i will check it out. how do you use that in your work?? do you point it at an edge or something, or a corner??

i was literally going bit by bit and changing the RGB by say 2 each time, over the last 12 bits from a side etc!

and then i realized i would die, alone in my chair, before i ever got something done!

thanks for the tip!

I use Fireworks. It's very simple. Just make a rectangel or what ever and then select it and choose Bevel Embess from the propreties menu, it couldn't be simpler.

trock
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
i found it in corel but it gives me these templates so it is hard to just choose the main color and bevel it, still working on it though.

thanks for the tip you have no idea how much time you jsut saved me!

Microstudio
06-26-2006, 01:27 PM
i found it in corel but it gives me these templates so it is hard to just choose the main color and bevel it, still working on it though.

thanks for the tip you have no idea how much time you jsut saved me!

Trock here is a great site I use to learn software fast.

VTC (http://www.vtc.com)

For $30.00 you can have excess to all of their tutorials for one month, its great.

trock
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
SAWEEETTT!

thanks for that, tinkering with your own shade is really cool, and if i can ever get it to what i am thinking of it will be great!