PDA

View Full Version : Mono track ?

DBX160
06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Ok,
First off thank you guys for all your help and patience with my newb. questions.

I have another question that I'm sure it's me that is the problem.

I am trying to track drums (9 mics, separate tracks)

For KIK, I have the Channel Strip Input set to Device 1.
and have the MONO button pressed in (so that it knows I want a mono track)
The thing is when I go to set up the next Channel Strip (Snare), which also uses Device 1, I get both KIK and Snare on both tracks, and on and on...

I am using a RME FireFace and want have my tracks separate.

I have searched here and gone over the RM tut.'s and read the manual.
I know it is something that I am doing wrong. NOT SAW or RME.

Please help guide me threw this embarrassing question.

Thank you.

Bob L
06-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Click to the left of the mono button on the word MONO, and you will popup a menu of mono options... use the L ONLY option for the first channel... then use the R ONLY option for the next channel and so forth... this will then allow you to split the stereo devices to sparate mono inputs.

There are other similar special popup options for the Phase Rvs switch.

Bob L

DBX160
06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Bob,
YOU are the MAN!

I cannot thank you enough!

Myke

Pedro Itriago
06-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Now, if he didn't know the answer to that one, we would have a lot to worry about

mikebuzz
06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Or just select the mono device when you set up to record you must be selecting a Stereo device ??? ( or is the RME setup as stereo devices ?? )

LAter
Buzz

Arco
06-25-2006, 06:02 PM
No, you're right. When recording the snare or kick (even from vsti) you can specify the MONO side of a Device--Dev 01L, for instance (Device #1, Left side only. That leaves the Right side available for the snare..)

It's slightly more complex with VSTi's as you have to assign the Output of the VSTi which is a slightly different process in each program. Once that's done though SAW will "know" what's happening with regards to stereo/mono.

Or just select the mono device when you set up to record you must be selecting a Stereo device ??? ( or is the RME setup as stereo devices ?? )

LAter
Buzz