PDA

View Full Version : AUX Sends?

Microstudio
06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Ok I have used the Aux sends a ton of times but for some reason they are not working? I must be doing something wrong.......

Open edl, then I go to RTN 1 and patch in a reverb into POST FX, I select Channel 1 output. On reverb I turn off Dry, just want Wet.

Next goto Input and the track I want the reverb on, I select PST FX, PST Fdr & the IN buttons on Aux send 1, Output channel 1 is selected.

I push up the Aux channel fader to get some reverb and I get nothing?

I have gone over and over this a ton of times, I have used the Aux Sends too many times to say.....what am I doing wrong, I am freaked out...HELP!

Microstudio
06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok I just figured it out................O MY GOD was this driving me crazy...:confused:

Just for the fun of it, what do you think I was doing wrong?

DominicPerry
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Not assigning the return to an OUT?

Microstudio
06-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Not assigning the return to an OUT?

No, I did say that I had it assigned to output 1.

No one is going to get this, well maybe Bob, it took me hours to figure out and it was only by chance I figured it out.

Neal Starrett
06-27-2006, 07:42 PM
If you did everything as you said, the only things i can think of is either a mute on the return channel or a solo on the input/track channel,,,,or a bypass on the effects itself

Craig Allen
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Or forgot to push the In button on the send portion of the input track.

paul kostabi
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
oops nevermind.

Neal Starrett
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
just thought of 2 more possibilities,,, you didn't assign the aux master out to a virtual or its fader was down,,,its gotta be 1 of the 5 ,,,

Jay Q
06-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Just for the fun of it, what do you think I was doing wrong?You weren't making the requisite ritual goat sacrifice to the audio gods?

Jay

Microstudio
06-27-2006, 08:20 PM
If you did everything as you said, the only things i can think of is either a mute on the return channel or a solo on the input/track channel,,,,or a bypass on the effects itself

Dam you nailed it Neal.....Good job!

I had the Solo active on the input track I was trying to get reverb to but it still is driving me crazy why it did not work with it on, shoudn't it work.... I mean you should be able to solo the track and add effects if you want......right?

Neal Starrett
06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
:D I won!! well Micro, solo means solo, including the returns. If you want to solo with verb then click the solo on the return channel also.

Angie
06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
:D I won!! well Micro, solo means solo, including the returns. If you want to solo with verb then click the solo on the return channel also.

Shift+solo on the input channel is easier.

Dave Labrecque
06-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Dam you nailed it Neal.....Good job!

I had the Solo active on the input track I was trying to get reverb to but it still is driving me crazy why it did not work with it on, shoudn't it work.... I mean you should be able to solo the track and add effects if you want......right?

Solo solos the track with no FX being returned. Selecting the track number will allow the FX to be returned, OR shift+solo will do it.

Neal Starrett
06-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks Angie, I gotta get these shortcuts down

Microstudio
06-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Shift+solo on the input channel is easier.

I did not know that one, thanks.

I need to print a new manual...... :rolleyes: