PDA

View Full Version : Fireface MME not working right?

Teomi
06-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi all, so..I recorded this concert (thanks for all your suggestions with using a splitter and/or separate console!!)
My setup was using the RME Fireface and 2 Octamic D devices connected to the Fireface.

I was recording 22 audio tracks (10 from the FF, 8 from Octamic 1 and 4 from Octamic 2) when trying to record using the standard multimedia audio settings (like I always like to do) upon record Saw Studio will show the error message that the input device cannot handle the specific settings.

The error did not occur when I tried to record fewer tracks, say, up to eight, but when I tried to record more the message will show. Only when I switched to ASIO mode, everything worked as it should.

Anyone had this problem before?
I was recording at 24 bit 44.1 Khz without any weird settings.
I was using the latest driver from RME on a custom built P4 3.4 Ghz and 2GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Allen
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I thought I'd head that the lastest RME driver (maybe beta) didn't support MME anymore - only WDM.

Bill Park
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
I was using the latest driver from RME .....

Thanks in advance,

...which does not support MME. I questioned Matthias about this and reported it here a while ago. It seems that they were working towards Vista compatability and Vista does not support MME. I'm still running one of the older versions of the Fireface driver. But some of the newer driver features may force a move to ASIO.

Bill