PDA

View Full Version : Grid area blank?

Microstudio
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
When I switch to Tempo mode the grid in MT goes blank....nothing?

The Soundfile view changes to temp mode in the grid area but not the in the MT, it goes blank?

Switch back to Time Mode and the grid comes back.

Bob L
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Could you possibly have set a new zero locate point... all ruler display before the zero locate point will dispay blank.

Try the Clear Zero Locate point option on the Timeline menu.

Or, perhaps you are just zoomed in way to far for the measur beat display to show at the current tempo... try zooming out a bit.

Bob L

Microstudio
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Could you possibly have set a new zero locate point... all ruler display before the zero locate point will dispay blank.

Try the Clear Zero Locate point option on the Timeline menu.

Or, perhaps you are just zoomed in way to far for the measur beat display to show at the current tempo... try zooming out a bit.

Bob L

Its the oddest thing.

I cleared the Zero just to make sure and I am not zoomed way in. This EDL is acting crazy, it hangs up the pc and I have to shut down SS. It's only doing this in this EDL? If I open up another EDL everything is ok. This has never happened..... Their is nothing in the MT yet either.

Maybe something just happened when saving the edl.....

Bob L
06-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Perhaps you have some background MWS data... have you been trying out the MWS demo... if there is tempo or other data in the MWS MT, it may be influencing your whole session setup.

Bob L

Microstudio
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Perhaps you have some background MWS data... have you been trying out the MWS demo... if there is tempo or other data in the MWS MT, it may be influencing your whole session setup.

Bob L

No I have not used the MWS at all today and I even opened it up and check to make sure, nothing at all in MWS Demo.

I have the Tick res set to 480 and it does not matter what zoom power I am at. It Crazy and it is only with this EDL, it no big deal it's odd and its bugging me why I can't figure it out.....:confused:

I have never seen numbers like these and I can't change it?

http://www.thepestcontrolvideo.com/images/click.bmp

Bob L
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
You are at measure 99999... at those tempo and tick settings, the largest measure comes out around 34,000... so somehow you are jumped to an illegal meausre.... try hitting the Home key to jump to meausre zero... if you do not get to zero, then you have a Zero Locate point set as I suggested before... make sure to clear that setting in the Timeline menu and then hit Home again to get back to measure zero.

My guess is that your tiemline will then display properly.

Bob L

Craig Allen
06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
You are at measure 99999...
Now that's a long song! :D

Microstudio
07-01-2006, 07:18 AM
You are at measure 99999... at those tempo and tick settings, the largest measure comes out around 34,000... so somehow you are jumped to an illegal meausre.... try hitting the Home key to jump to meausre zero... if you do not get to zero, then you have a Zero Locate point set as I suggested before... make sure to clear that setting in the Timeline menu and then hit Home again to get back to measure zero.

My guess is that your tiemline will then display properly.

Bob L

Thats just it...... the numbers you see are the curser after pressing the HOME key. What you are looking at is the the cursor as far left of the MT as I can make it. I have cleared everything in the Timeline menu a dozon times. I can right arrow the cursor to the right and the numbers will show measure 1? This is just odd....

Dave Labrecque
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Now that's a long song! :D

Let's call it "Stairway to... Help Me!"

Bob L
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Send me the edl... no wav files... and unpatch all plugs... let me see what I can find out.

By the way... if you are using the Latency Compensator plugin... take it out and see if that fixes things.

Bob L

Microstudio
07-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Send me the edl... no wav files... and unpatch all plugs... let me see what I can find out.

By the way... if you are using the Latency Compensator plugin... take it out and see if that fixes things.

Bob L

I went to find the EDL and when looking for it I noticed something very ODD. The File is Called "ClickOdd.EDL"

BUT the file says it is an Adobe Premiere file? Even more a bunch of my EDL files say they are Adobe Premiere files and all of them are not working right? Odd, I do not have Premiere installed on my PC? I do have After Effects.........

Do you still want me to send it to you?

Brent Bennett
07-01-2006, 10:01 PM
BUT the file says it is an Adobe Premiere file? Even more a bunch of my EDL files say they are Adobe Premiere files and all of them are not working right? Odd, I do not have Premiere installed on my PC? I do have After Effects.........

After Effects is Adobe and uses the .edl extension. It probably grabbed the association when you installed it. That's why they appear as Adobe files. Just like my .wpd files used to look like Word Perfect files.

Microstudio
07-01-2006, 10:38 PM
After Effects is Adobe and uses the .edl extension. It probably grabbed the association when you installed it. That's why they appear as Adobe files. Just like my .wpd files used to look like Word Perfect files.

I understand that.....How to I change the files back to SS.edl's?
How do I stop this from happening?

I am building a new PC pretty soon and it will be used just for recording in SS with plugins and VST's on it.

I will have a separate PC for my Video work and the internet.

Brent Bennett
07-02-2006, 12:36 AM
You don't need to worry about the file associations. If you alter it, then your Adobe will be messed up. Windows will only open each kind of file with one default program. You can't double-click the edls and launch the edl into SawStudio anyway, so it doesn't matter.

If you're worried about it :eek: , then change the file association back to nothing.