PDA

View Full Version : possible bug?

Bill Park
06-30-2006, 08:02 PM
FYI,

In 3.9i, import files from CD to library, remove CD. click "add to multitrack". An error message tells you that the disk has been removed. Click "Cancel". "Cancel" will not cancel until you put a disk back into the CD drive.

Bill

Bob L
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
The import feature in the Library view is not for importing files from a source... you OPEN the folder of wav or aif files using the Library File Open command... once the files are in the library listbox... you select them and then use the link or import feature to make them part of the session.

The link command places links to the files in their folder... the import, copies the file data from their current folder and places them within the new session folder so there is no longer any dependence on the original source files.

The reason you are being asked for the CD is because that is the source folder and it wants to copy them into the edl folder.

Copy the files first from the CD to a junk folder, or directly into the edl folder... then you can use the link or import command from there.

Bob L

Bill Park
07-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I understand all of that. I knew exactly what I was doing when I did it, and I happened to have gotten distracted for a second and pressed the wrong thing. My comment is that when I hit "Cancel", shouldn't something CANCEL, instead of looping until I do insert a disk? "Cancel" doesn't.

Bill

Bob L
07-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Windows gets itself in an endless loop when a CD drive is involved and will not let go until a CD is inserted... I have never figured a way around that.

Bob L

Bill Park
07-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Windows gets itself in an endless loop when a CD drive is involved and will not let go until a CD is inserted... I have never figured a way around that.

Bob L

ahhh.... gotcha.

Thanks,

Bill

Mark Stebbeds
07-02-2006, 03:34 PM

Bob L

And combined with Nero, that insists on opening the software again after you close it, and then opening and closing the tray on it's own, it's amazing we get any work done at all.

Mark