PDA

View Full Version : Problem in MWS!

Microstudio
07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok I am messing around in MWS, editing data and stuff. I then F-key to another view and the SS background is missing, now I have my desktop as the background?

I can't figure out what the problem is....HELP!

Microstudio
07-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Saw is saving all my .EDL's and says they are Adobe Premiere files.....I do not have that program on my PC, this is really causing my PC to lock up too. My PC will just shut down and reboot?

What hell is going on, its driving me crazy.....

HELP!

http://www.thepestcontrolvideo.com/images/help.bmp

Bob L
07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Some Adobe program installed on your machine and invaded your registry ro hook Adobe extensions.

Open the Windows Explorer and use the Tools menu and the Folder Options selection... then the File Types tab... find the edl extension and click the delete button... that should remove the association.

As to your SS views messing up with the MWS... follow the step by step in the front of the MWS helpfile for setting up the MWS FKeys to hook the SS Alt-FKeys... its a great way to utilize both environments together.

Bob L

Microstudio
07-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Some Adobe program installed on your machine and invaded your registry ro hook Adobe extensions.

Open the Windows Explorer and use the Tools menu and the Folder Options selection... then the File Types tab... find the edl extension and click the delete button... that should remove the association.

As to your SS views messing up with the MWS... follow the step by step in the front of the MWS helpfile for setting up the MWS FKeys to hook the SS Alt-FKeys... its a great way to utilize both environments together.

Bob L

Ok I checked the Fold options. EDL files are opened with SS and not Adobe, Adobe Premiere is no where in the folder options. But yet the files are still Adobe in my SS folder? I have not installed an Adobe product on my PC in well over a year.

I have MWS linked to my SS F-Key already. I have been using the MWS Demo for months learning it, this is all just happening.......:confused:

Microstudio
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok I fixed the Adobe name and changed it to SS.

I had to go into regedit.exe and search for .edl and I found it and modifed it to say Saw Studio.edl

I don't understand why that happened.. but it sure was befudeling me...

I am still loosing my background thou?

This is crazy!

Microstudio
07-02-2006, 10:03 PM
TTT
HELP!

Bob L
07-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Clear your fkeys... then follow the step by step in the MWS helpfile... stop fighting so hard. :)

Bob L

Microstudio
07-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Clear your fkeys... then follow the step by step in the MWS helpfile... stop fighting so hard. :)

Bob L

Ok I sat down and went to page 7 in the manual of MWS and started at (1.)

(2.) tells me to press [Ctrl-F1] to display MWS on top.

I press Ctrl-F1 and MWS does not open on top or even open at all?

I did clear all my F-keys.

Bob L
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I guess I should have clarified... Clear the SS FKeys... you cleared the default MWS FKeys.

Its pretty simple really.

Go back to the MWS... main menu... File/FKeys/Open... select a set of my defaults that fits your screen res... or is smaller... this will get you back in control of the MWS... the Ctrl-FKeys now switch all the MWS views... save the MWS FKey Default.

Now, do a similar thing for SS... now that both programs work independently and do not dissapear... you have the option to link the two together as detailed in the MWS Getting Started/Midi WorkShop Main Window section.

Bob L

Microstudio
07-03-2006, 01:29 PM
I am going through the step by step but one thing I am seeing is that when I open SS the MS Windows tool bar at the bottom is showing, it never used too when I opened SS and even if I press the botton in the middle at the top right of SS to max out the window and hide the MS tool bar and save the Veiw to an F-Key, when I press the F-Key the MS tool bar is back?

Man, if its not one thing its another. I have been using SS and the MWS Demo for over 6 months, I had F-key views set up with no problems...NONE! Now all the sudden crazy stuff is happening, one thing after another? I did a full Virus scan and everything too, found nothing, defrag..ect. I updated to version N from M......

I am befudeled.

Microstudio
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Background still goes to desktop after redoing all F-Key views and saving?

Here is the error code the MS pops up and asks if I would like to send it to MS.

AppName: sawstudio.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: sawstudio.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00065531

Also when I go to reinstall SS I Get an Error: File C:\SawStudio\SawStudio.exe Not Found...Aborting Install

Microstudio
07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
TTT

HELP!

Craig Allen
07-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Also when I go to reinstall SS I Get an Error: File C:\SawStudio\SawStudio.exe Not Found...Aborting Install
That sounds like you're reinstalling MWS, not SS. I'd re-download everything and start from scratch with SAW.

Microstudio
07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Well after fighting with this all day.

It turn out it is all because of one .EDL file, or at least that what I think.

After loading in different EDL's and going back to Version J the problems have stopped.....or at least I think they have.

Stay posted and we will see.

Man this has been the worst 5 or 6 days with SS just out of the blue, I have ever had and both problems were caused by EDL's...... I think.

Bob L
07-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Try a fresh install of N first in a new folder... then run it once to create all the subfolders that it creates the first time it runs... then install the MWS into that same folder install... see if that fixes things... I have no idea what you have going on there... I have never heard of these kinds of problems.

So... install into C:\SAWStudio_Test.... then point to that same folder when you install the MWS.

Bob L