PDA

View Full Version : Mix Down in MWS?

Microstudio
07-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Ok, its easy to mix the VST midi to audio using the Process/Mixdown menu.

But why is it that the audio will not play after the process is done on the hot track it was mixed down too?

I have to move the region to another track for it to play?

Thanks.

jazzboxmaker
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Micro,
I know you can't play back the audio if you have a Vsti patched in on a track- they wont send audio through. As you found, pull the audio to a different track or dump the Vsti.

The MIDI stuff I'm not sure on.

Microstudio
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Micro,
I know you can't play back the audio if you have a Vsti patched in on a track- they wont send audio through. As you found, pull the audio to a different track or dump the Vsti.

The MIDI stuff I'm not sure on.

I don't have a VST patched in, I am patched into my Yamaha S80. I figured out how to do it. But still the the region does not play on the track i mix it down too, i have to move it to another track?

Microstudio
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Even if I record my guitar to say track 4, it records but then the audio does not play, I have to move it to a new track.

Now if I close the EDL that has midi recordings and I have done a mix down to the MT and start a new session, record and then play what i have recorded everything is ok.

Lots of problems with MWS I am having.... Lots!

Bob L
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Once you mix down, the audio track is like any other audio... you then disable the midi track in the MWS... this way, you are not double playing the same data.... you then also have the midi track available for changes and a remix..

This is a great way to combine audio and midi... allowing you to compose with midi, and then easily mix with audio.

The fact that you say you can't even play a recorded guitar track, suggests some other routing problem or something else going on with your setup.

The MWS is just not this complex as you are making it out to be... other setup and routing issues are most likely the root of your maze of issues.

Bob L

Neal Starrett
07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Are you switching the top of the E mixer back to multitrack for that channel (that is if you set it for a device)?

Microstudio
07-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Once you mix down, the audio track is like any other audio... you then disable the midi track in the MWS... this way, you are not double playing the same data.... you then also have the midi track available for changes and a remix..

This is a great way to combine audio and midi... allowing you to compose with midi, and then easily mix with audio.

The fact that you say you can't even play a recorded guitar track, suggests some other routing problem or something else going on with your setup.

The MWS is just not this complex as you are making it out to be... other setup and routing issues are most likely the root of your maze of issues.

Bob L

The MWS tracks are disabled and I still can not play the region on track one, move it to track two and it plays?

I am not having a problem running MWS, I am just learning it inside and out and it is coming along easy for me. I am just having some crazy problems, I have figured out most of them but, but this one stumping me.

It might be time to reformat the drive and clean house, I have had some crazy stuff happening and maybe that is to blame? All i know is that I have been messing around with MWS now for months and never had things like this happen.

As MWS I love it and will be buying the full program here soon, I know it pretty dam good now and there is no turning back....:cool:

Bob L
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Try Alt-Right-Clicking on the Mixer Chan 2 which works... use the Store-All option to memory cell 1... then go back to Mixer Chan 1 that does not work and use the Recall-All from memory cell 1 option... see if that fixes the playback on track 1... if so... there is something routed weird or some plugin VST synth patched on track 1 which would block playback... the recall option will set Chan 1 exactly the same as chan 2.

Bob L

Microstudio
07-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Try Alt-Right-Clicking on the Mixer Chan 2 which works... use the Store-All option to memory cell 1... then go back to Mixer Chan 1 that does not work and use the Recall-All from memory cell 1 option... see if that fixes the playback on track 1... if so... there is something routed weird or some plugin VST synth patched on track 1 which would block playback... the recall option will set Chan 1 exactly the same as chan 2.

Bob L

I had a VST open on Track one.........:o

Thanks!