PDA

View Full Version : SSL Buys Sydec!!!

sstillwell
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Yoiks!

http://www.sydec.be/Press/PressRelease/Article/ID/a53659ee-676e-4724-9451-bb0ea765c56a/

Scott Stillwell

Pedro Itriago
07-05-2006, 07:36 AM
There goes Dwave

Perry
07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Scott... Darn... You beat me posting of this! :) I've known about it for weeks but was sworn to secrecy.

Anyway... Pedro, I wouldn't worry too much about DWave. I've taked with Dirk and Erik and they are still very much at the helm of Sydec and are to continue as such... I think we'll still be having DWave with the Soundscape products into the future.

What this is going to do is free up Sydec to pursue more the technical side of things and as Erik at Sydec put it, "allow us to do what we do best."

I find it very exciting... and I know from talking to them that they are too... I think this will prove to be a very good thing (as oppossed to the past Mackie merger that didn't work out so well). And... Dirk is working on PC drivers for Duende! So... If there's any problems interfacing this with SAWStudio we should have a direct line in resolving it... that can't be a bad thing. :)

Cheers,

Perry

Naturally Digital
07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
There goes DwaveDoubtful.

Here's a recent addition to the Sydec site:

http://www.sydec.be/Applications/Soundscape/Articles/ID/b079cd99-6c46-45a8-953d-80f1d4ff6a7b/Soundscape+power+for+SAWStudio%e2%84%a2/

Perry
07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Doubtful.

Here's a recent addition to the Sydec site:

http://www.sydec.be/Applications/Soundscape/Articles/ID/b079cd99-6c46-45a8-953d-80f1d4ff6a7b/Soundscape+power+for+SAWStudio%e2%84%a2/

Way Cooool! Thanks for posting this link Dave! :) I hadn't seen it yet.

I'm not by any means trying to take credit for this here now mind you, but I pushed for more mention of DWave and SAWStudio quite a while back and Dirk had said he'd look into it and talk to the appropriate guys there to get something up on the site, and it's nice to finally see this here now. But I must say I never expected it to be so BIG and great looking! :cool:

I've mentioned it before but seems a good time to mention it again... I know from talking to him that Dirk at Sydec (who writes the drivers and such for them and ported DWave to their soundcards) is quite an admirer of SAWStudio and Bob's work. I think Dirk is the "big brains" that is mentioned in the report. At any rate, I seriously doubt that SAWer's have to worry about the Soundscape line losng any of it's support for SAWStudio! :)

And wow... looking over this on the Sydec site I don't think I'll ever again have to try to explain the benifits of using Soundscape cards along with SAWStudio... especially for those that do want some hardware/dsp support for their system. I'll just point them to this page. It pretty well says it all! A very in depth report... worth a read if you are a SAWStudio user even if you AREN'T interested in a dsp powered soundcard solution. Awesome stuff!

Thanks again Dave!

Perry

Perry
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
And just to mention something that I didn't realize, or think about at first... and particularly since there's another thread talking about Peter Gabriel....

Basically...

Peter Gabriel is now the new owner of Sydec/Soundscape! (since I believe he is the major owner of SSL) :)

Perry

Pedro Itriago
07-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Peter Gabriel is now the new owner of Sydec/Soundscape! (since I believe he is the major owner of SSL) :)

Perry

Talk about weird coincidences. Wild

Question is, does he use SS? Don't think so.

Perry
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Talk about weird coincidences. Wild

Question is, does he use SS? Don't think so.

Hi Pedro :)

It IS kinda wild isn't it?

Interesting too... you've pointed out another coincidence here. When you ask does he use SS.. are you referring to SAWStudio, or Soundscape... or both? SS is used to abbreviate SAWStudio... but also to abbreviate Soundscape. Strange coincidence? You be the judge! :eek: :D

Perry

Pedro Itriago
07-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Even weirder still, if I write SSL am I referring to Sawstudio Lite or Solid State Logic? :confused:

Mark Stebbeds
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Even weirder still, if I write SSL am I referring to Sawstudio Lite or Solid State Logic? :confused:

Secure Sockets Layer

Mark

studio-c
07-07-2006, 12:38 AM
I think I'll downgrade to Lite, so I can tell everyone I'm running an SSL studio. :)

Scott

Dave Labrecque
07-07-2006, 01:49 AM
I think I'll downgrade to Lite, so I can tell everyone I'm running an SSL studio. :)

Scott

And on a related topic -- I got my Physical Therapy license just last week. :)

Mark Stebbeds
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM

What you do on your own time is your own business. :)

Perry
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM

Scott

Well, between SAWStudio and/or SAWStudio Lite, Soundscape (with products like SS32) and SSL... I'd say that if you run a SAW system with a Soundscape soundcard (which is now owned by SSL) you have most of the S letters in the industry on your sssss... (slap!:eek: ) ..side! :)

Actually.. I feel So Special and down right Super with my SAWStudio/Soundscape/SSL system supporting me. ;)

So.... Step right up and get your SSSSSSL System! :rolleyes:

Sunna of gunn!

Perry

PS: We should thank sstillwell for his original post here that sstarted the thread. So.. thanks sstillwell! :D

Perry
07-08-2006, 03:49 AM

You're related to Peter Gabriel??? He's in therapy? And you're his therapist??? :eek: I didn't know that! :eek:

That's amazing!!!

:rolleyes:

Perry
07-08-2006, 05:04 PM
WOW! That was fast! :eek:

When you go to http://www.sydec.be/ it already says at the top of the page..

"A Solid State Logic Group company".

There sure was no time wasted getting that up! :)

studio-c
07-10-2006, 11:09 PM
And on a related topic -- I got my Physical Therapy License just last week. :)
Praise The Lord ?

Another thing I've always wondered. Have you noticed how many cars, electronic devices, and things that generally appeal to guys have model names starting with SX ('sex')?
Coincidence?

A SX google search revealed cars, hot tubs, Cubase, wireless adapters, computers, cameras, race car fuel filters, ipod speakers, Mac serial port cards, key logger programs, stereos, Samson power amps, ... okay, a stupid tangent but i was amused.

Carlos Mills
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Perry,

I always followed your threads about Sydec products. I think your enthusiasm and participation helped a lot of us, SS users, to have today our own "proprietary" driver model with Sydec products...
As you may know, I am currently a RME user. Although their products are fine, I have little doubt today about what is the best route to take for a SS user... so as soon as I can, I will be changing my RME setup to a SYDEC one. Thanks for your work. (and for your nice songs in SS Radio also! :)

matt
07-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Ha Ha!

Love it... maybe we will see fewer and fewer PT rigs in the major studios...

PS. Dwave is King!

Perry
07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi Perry,

I always followed your threads about Sydec products. I think your enthusiasm and participation helped a lot of us, SS users, to have today our own "proprietary" driver model with Sydec products...
As you may know, I am currently a RME user. Although their products are fine, I have little doubt today about what is the best route to take for a SS user... so as soon as I can, I will be changing my RME setup to a SYDEC one. Thanks for your work. (and for your nice songs in SS Radio also! :)

Hi Carlos :)

Well, my enthusiasm is definitely genuine. :)

I'd like to mention again that, though I was talking earlier about the fact that essentially it's Peter Gabriel who now owns Sydec (and of course this thread started as an announcement about the SSL purchase of Sydec), the fact remains that the guys at Sydec in Belgium are still very much at the helm of the company.

Also, it's my understanding that SSL was not the only company interested in acquiring Sydec. So, the SSL/Sydec purchase was very much a choice and a mutual agreement that was seen as something that would benifit both parties. Going forward I think this will definitely strengthen the market place for the great products that Sydec has developed... and are still developing, and greatly enhance their ability to concentrate on the development of even more new products and services. The future indeed looks bright! ;)

When you get the Sydec gear Carlos, I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed. If there's ever any way at all I can help with anything to do with this, either before or after the purchase, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best to you,

Perry

Carlos Mills
07-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Perry,

Hi Carlos :)
When you get the Sydec gear Carlos, I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed. If there's ever any way at all I can help with anything to do with this, either before or after the purchase, please don't hesitate to ask.
Perry

Thanks buddy. You bet I will! ;)

All the best,