PDA

View Full Version : Convert Midi to Audio?

Microstudio
07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

To convert Midi to Audio through a VST: Patch in the VST and then Process/Mixdown to SF or MT HotTrack.

To convert Midi to Audio using Hardware Sound Modules: Patch in my Hardware Module. Press Rec in the MT, select a marked area in the MT that coincides with the Start & End of the midi data I want to convert. Hit the space bar.

Thanks.

Bob L
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
When using a VST synth, you should alo seect the VST synth track and the Midi track... this will make sure that only those tracks are active in the build mix... I would also suggest building the mix to a different hottrack than the VST synth is patched into... in fact, much of the time you may have multiple midi sounds and tracks processing thru 1 VST synth playing different samples... by doing as I suggested, you can easily build each different sound down to its own track without moving anything... then you can disable the midi tracks and the VST synth track after they have been processed down... now you are free to eq and compress and verb and mix as audio.

I also would suggest selecting the midi track so its the only track playing back when you use hardware sound modules... also, make sure to properly route cables from the sound module back into the device inputs that youare recording... and you should use the SRP/REC method to force the playback of the midi data as you record.

Bob L