PDA

View Full Version : UAD-1 Plugin Presets

soundtrack2life
07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Unless I am missing something I can not figure out how to load the presets into any of the UAD-1 plugins. I am talking about the factory ones availble for DL. Help!
TIA,
Joe

johndale
07-08-2006, 02:32 AM
I have had the same problem. Bob is supposed to be coming up with a way of loading .fxp's and .fxb's, but it has not been mentioned again. I bet some of yours load, some don't. Right?.
John

soundtrack2life
07-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Actually I have not gotten anything to load. If we can not load them directly I wonder if there is a directory / folder they can be placed in so they show up as the default presets? This news is dissapointing :( .
Joe

johndale
07-08-2006, 06:15 PM
There is, but it is in .FXB format. SAW does not read them for some reason. I'm sure Bob will come up with something. He always does. Ok, go to "Realverb", click the "Blue Triangle", it says presets or factory presets, something like that on the menu. There will be presets available. Same with Nigel. But some of the plugs "Laz2" don't show any presets?? I dunno.
John

Bob L
07-09-2006, 04:19 AM
I have left preset loading up to the plugin to design on their menus... many of the plugins do this nicely... for instance the Native Instruments B4... you can access the presets from a click on their interface... other plugins don't do this and force the host to handle this and other control display details within the host code... I decided this was too much kludge to carry within SS.

In the end... I decided that I would probably want to set the parameters myself anyway... you can then save your own presets in my format, which is much more efficient codewise.

We'll see if this changes in a future update... but it sure seemed not so important, in my opinion, compared to all that SS brings to the table, and the long list of other much more valuable features on the todo list. :)

Bob L

johndale
07-09-2006, 05:21 AM
A little work. But I can manage that. Thanks Bob, I know SS can't do it all. That IMHO is what is wrong with other programs.
John

Dingo
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Bob, I saved a setting on my UAD card as a .vsp but now I can't load it. HELP! P.S. all the built in ones work fine.

johndale
07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Dingo, do you have those additional presets from the UAD site installed? And can you access those? How did you get the presets to show up? Thanks.
John

Dingo
07-11-2006, 06:02 PM
John I don't have those presets installed And I was able to access them at one point. As I recall you can only open them one at at tie or maybe try putting them in the same folder as the other ones.

Bob L
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
When you save a SAWStudio vsp preset, you should be able to load it right back using the Load SAWStudio Preset.

What happens when you try to load it back?

Bob L

johndale
07-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Bob I can save and recall a preset I made on an UAD plug in SAW no problem here. So I think he may have something different going on.
John

Bob L
07-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes... I imagine... the save and restore SS presets should be fine with any plugin that is correctly sending and receiving its parameters when requested.

Bob L

Dingo
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
As strange as it may sound, nothing happens. I open the preset and nothing changes on the plugin.

Bob L
07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
The settings may just not be updating the display properly... so many of the plugins have all kinds of display updating issues.

Try loading the preset... then closing the plugin... then double-clicking the plugin in the patch window list and re-displaying it... see if the settings update then.

Bob L

matt
07-14-2006, 08:19 AM
When saving a SAW preset with VST plugs, Saw stores the entire layout but not which vst patch that was selected. The other preset is there, you just have to select it every time you open a new EDL. ... so really all you need to do is change the "default" vst patch and that is what will display when you open a Saw preset.

Hope this helps.

Perry
07-14-2006, 02:50 PM
When saving a SAW preset with VST plugs, Saw stores the entire layout but not which vst patch that was selected. The other preset is there, you just have to select it every time you open a new EDL. ... so really all you need to do is change the "default" vst patch and that is what will display when you open a Saw preset.

Hope this helps.

Intersting... thanks for this tip Matt. I do from time to time, especially with certain plugins, realize that settings are not always recalled. I just ran into this recently with a UAD-1 saved setting for the Precision Limiter. But, it also happens with other plugins as well; the thing that comes to mind is some Voxengo plugins. I have some of those that I rearely use because I keep losing the settings and it's too much of a hassle.

Can you go into a little more detail on this work-around you have here a bit more? Exactly how do you do this?

Thanks Matt! :)

Perry