PDA

View Full Version : SOUNDFILE DELETING

JEFF
08-15-2004, 04:58 PM
I am thinking about getting the SAW basic. I downloaded the demo. In the soundfile, I mark the beginning and end, how do I delete the marked area?

TotalSonic
08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
All of SAWStudio's processing is completely non-destructive - and most edits pretty much happen in the Multitrack view. If you're trying to get rid of a region in the middle of the wav file open the wave file and add it to the Mulitrack view - place the cursor and hit the K to split the file at the points that start and end the area you wish to remove and then select the middle region and hit the delete key to get rid of the part you want to remove. If you hit shift-delete it will move the ending region forward in the timeline to buttsplice to the first region. To save some key strokes you can also use the R key to remove the area to the left of your cursor and Alt-R to remover the area to the right of your cursor.

If you're using SAW as a wav file editor for modifying files to be loaded in external apps you need to make your edits in the multitrack view and then choose "Build Mix to New Soundfile" from the Process/Mixdown menu.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Bob L
08-15-2004, 07:21 PM
You may also do what you asked directly... mark the begin and end... but do it in the MultiTrack view... then press Delete and the chunk will be removed... if you actually want the ends to be spliced together... then use the Shift-Delete keys.

You can do multiple edits this way in the MultiTrack and work your way through a file to the end without ever having to re-write the file with each edit... as SoundFile View editing would do.

Then, you are free to eq, compress, adjust levels... automate volumes up and down along the timeline... fix balances etc... and when finished, write the finished file in one pass (instead of multiple passes) using the BuildMix to New SoundFile.

Much more efficient and powerful... at least in my opinion. :)

Bob L