PDA

View Full Version : MWS sync

Kimbo
07-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Is anyone using SAW and MWS with Digiface with Motif?? I am trying to record some midi data into the mws demo. I have under SAW
options-midi device setup HDSP 2 in and out
options sympte midi - generate mtc
MWS - midi device setup HDSP midi 2
In the Motif I have midi sync --MTC
I cant seem to make it happen, either firing a sequence from the motif, or playing a piano note into track 1 of the MWS
My midi cables are plugged in correctly. Any ideas about what I might be forgetting to Do??? Thanks

Bob L
07-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Forgetting the sync for a moment, you will first want to assign one of the midi ports to the MWS... not duplicated in SS.

Leave SS midi assigns set to NONE... they would be used for Midi Mixer Control Surfaces.

In the MWS, set the first port to HDSP Midi 1 in and out... the dialog starts on the device outs... make sure to use the IN/OUT zone at the top to also set the midi in port.

Then you should be able to play the Motif directly into the MWS... to record on a track, right-click the track label to assign the track to Port 1 and select Midi Chan 1... you should then be able to turn ON the Midi Thru and play sound... pressing the REC button on MWS track 1 and then pressing PLAY and then REC on the MWS transport should activate the red record light and you should be able to record whatever you play on the Motif.

Then you can move to track 2... select Port 1 again and midi chan 2... this should now allow the keyboard to play sounds on midi chan 2 within the Motif... you would want the Motif set to multi-mode so you can use 16 different patches within the Motif... record on track 2... when you playback, you should have both tracks and sounds playing together.... etc.

If you do want to try chasing a sequence within the Motif itself, you can set SS <idi Sync option in the Options menu to HDSP Midi out 2... then with the Generate MTC Sync turned ON, MTC code should go out Midi 2 and you would have to connect that to midi sync input on the Motif.

Bob L