PDA

View Full Version : SAWRadio link not working

UpTilDawn
07-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Say Jeanne,

The link to Saw Radio on this user group doesn't appear to be working in IE.
Just thought I'd mention it.

DanT

Mark Stebbeds
07-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Say Jeanne,

The link to Saw Radio on this user group doesn't appear to be working in IE.
Just thought I'd mention it.

DanT

Nor on Firefox.

mark

Bob L
07-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Just tried it... its working here... try again... perhaps there was an interruption in the server for a short time.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
07-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Still no good here.
The one on the SawStudio site works.

DanT

MikeDee
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Are you hitting this URL?

http://www.sawstudio-media.com/radio/radio.htm

Note the "-media" portion within....

If you already are...then I guess I can't help yaz. :o

Regards,

Carey Langille
07-15-2006, 06:15 PM
It appears its the link from this page thats not working, I can Connect Direct...but not from the link..

Mark Stebbeds
07-15-2006, 06:23 PM
It appears its the link from this page thats not working, I can Connect Direct...but not from the link..

Ditto. The link on this page is not working.

mark

UpTilDawn
07-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Exactly

Westwind
07-15-2006, 08:08 PM
The link changed a while back and I had to reset my desktop link to the new address. It's possible these other links are still set to the old address.
correct link:
http://www.sawstudio-media.com/radio/radio.htm

studio-c
07-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm listening to it now for the first time in a year. So I probably don't have any old link bookmarked. Just heard a very cool tune that Carey L. did.

It's very cool, especially with the noise-cancelling headphones :) It's like my wife's not even here...

Scott

mghtx
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
noise-cancelling headphones

What do you use?

I haven't listened to the SawRadio in a while either. :o

studio-c
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
They're Panasonic RP-HC300. I bought them at an airport. I wanted something right away cuz I had just bought the Rosetta Stone Spanish Language program and was all antsy to get going. My wife has the Bose. I shoulda held out for those. These fit kinda tight and the rubber's a bit stiff. The cord's a lot thicker than the Bose. My wife's been thru three cables.

They sound great though, especially when you've got a crying baby behind you on the plane. :) Magic!!!!

Yeah, I'm really digging the radio station. I'm hearing Perry's work now. Kewl.

Scott

studio-c
07-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Okay, this radio thing just keeps getting better.

Bob, I'm listening to Steven Lee Group "Just the Two of Us." It's just wonderfully transparent. Gorgeous stereo separation. Nice bottom, nice all around.

Your artistic chops absolutely rival your technical expertise!!

You mention that it was recorded live and the tracks were transferred to SawStudio. How was it recorded? Did you not capture it directly? It was done in 2002.

Anyway, sounds great!!

Cheers,
Scott

Naturally Digital
07-16-2006, 12:29 AM
The link changed a while back and I had to reset my desktop link to the new address. It's possible these other links are still set to the old address.
correct link:
http://www.sawstudio-media.com/radio/radio.htmThe link on the forum page seems to be pointing here:

http://www.sawstudio.com/radio/radio.htm

Not working for me.

Bob L
07-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Yes... the link on this forum page is no longer correct... I will have Jeanne change it.

Set up a link from the website page, then save that.

Bob L

Bob L
07-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Scott,

I believe they recorded to Adats backstage. I am not sure... I was not involved in that recording.

They brought me in for the mix... and I remember the initial problems were concerning serious monitor leakage and low end issues.

The results came out fairly nice considering. :)

Bob L

Jeanne Quinn
07-16-2006, 05:36 AM
All fixed!

-Jeanne

UpTilDawn
07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks Jeanne.
You're an angel.:)

Bob, any hints you'd care to share on how you handle monitor leakage and the kind of low end problems you get with multiple mics on a tight stage?

There's nothing like trying to contain a grand piano with the lid full open, funneling the drums and bass into it... and still trying to get a good sound from it at the same time.................................
or a drummer who sings.:eek:

DanT

Bob L
07-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Now-a-days the solution is In-Ear-Monitors. :D

Bob L

UpTilDawn
07-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Cute guy.:rolleyes: