PDA

View Full Version : OT: so Copyrights?

trock
07-16-2006, 06:31 AM
I am submitting some instrumental music to be considered for commercials and marketing DVD's etc for business's. that being said should i use a form PA? or a form SR??

performing arts or sound recording??

and then does anyone file a form CA if you submit a CD with multiple songs on them?

thought this might be a good discussion for others here who are ready to copyright there stuff.

thanks!

tomasino
07-16-2006, 11:46 AM
I am submitting some instrumental music to be considered for commercials and marketing DVD's etc for business's. that being said should i use a form PA? or a form SR??

thanks!

Form SR is the one you want to use (or at least start with).

Form CA is for filing a "correction or amplification" to an SR or a PA.

Here's THE LINK to all the info.. http://www.copyright.gov/

It takes time. Get it filed and be patient.

trock
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM
its very confusing, i would think SR also but wen i look on legal pages etc alot of them say PA is what i need to do?

errrrrrrr

digging into this and ASCAP/BMI etc etc takes all the fun out of music, can't someone just cut me a check for a million bucks and let me write for them?

damn

Pedro Itriago
07-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Heck, I'll wire transfer the million dollars to you. My account is on the Alfred E. Newman bank, is that ok with you?

tomasino
07-16-2006, 06:54 PM
can't someone just cut me a check for a million bucks and let me write for them?

Spoken like a true Arteest! :p
To quote that crazy senator from Alaska (Ted Stevens) the answer is,
NO!!!!

Just use form SR. Write in "music, composition & performance" to cover all the bases. Ship it. Move on.

Pedro Itriago
07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Ahh, Ted Stevens. His answer to trock would be something like:

"You know, you need to fill-up that form so you get to cover the stuff you need to get paid. Because that thing is like a channel on which music gets put into, there's a lot of music that gets put into those channels and you need to know which channel that music is going to get paid for..."

trock
07-17-2006, 08:39 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

funny stuff!

SR it is and movin on i am!