PDA

View Full Version : Help from Spain

J.A. Hefner
07-17-2006, 04:19 AM
1º.- Sorry for my english.
2º.- I have make a project in Sawtudio with 27 audio-tracks (I have used EQ, compression, reverb, etc....)
3º.- For me all is ok and sound very well
4º.- It's the 4º demo that I have make in my life and I need an expert opinion.
5º.- A friend have a big Studio and he want to make a new mix of my song, but he don't have Sawtudio, he have Protools.
6º.- This is the question......... What can I do to export my song (every trak) to Protools? This is possible?
Thanks..........
SAWSTUDIO IS THE BETTER PROGRAM THAT I HAVE TRY IN MY LIFE

DominicPerry
07-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Your English is better than my Spanish but we do have some other Spanish speakers on the forum.
Some more experienced people will help with this later but for the moment - try this thread
http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4241

Dominic

Ollie
07-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Cui Bono EDL-CONVERT

http://www.cuibono-soft.com/

Bob L
07-17-2006, 06:25 AM
You may want to export each track, without the eq and compression processing as a wav file... then have your freind simply add the tracks into PoTools and do his own complete mix and procesing.

To do so... you would turn OFF the EQ and Compression on each track... select the track one at a time by clicking on the track number to turn it black.

Then use the Build Mix To New Soundfile option from the Proces Mixdown menu... in the dialog, click on the track filename and label it correctly (songname_Kick... songname_snare... etc)... then give your freind the collection of 27 wav files... they will all line up and start from the zero position.

Bob L

J.A. Hefner
07-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh, thank you very much........ but Bob you say that all files start at zero, but I have somes tracks with the start in other possition....... Protools will know that possition????
Sorry for this stupid question!!!
Love from Spain.

UpTilDawn
07-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Let me help a little.

Build each track with a marked area beginning at 0 and ending at the song "end" position. This way, all tracks have the same begin and end points.

danT

UpTilDawn
07-17-2006, 09:04 AM
If you are using Saw Lite or Full, use the Alt/Right-click menu on the channel strip in combination with the group feature to make an easy job of changing the channel strip settings before building mix.

For instance:

To clear all channel strip settings and return them to default settings, select all the input channels using one of the mixer views by blackening the channel numbers above the strip. Then, using the Alt/Right-click menu, select the "clear current channel" choice to clear all the input channels at once. Proceed to the Output channels and repeat the process there. You may also need to repeat the step for the Return channels.

You can save you current settings for the entire project in a couple of ways:

1- Save a mix template of your project before clearing your settings.

2- Save the project using a unique file name for the version in which all the channels are cleared.

This will allow you to easily go back to the project with all settings intact.

Hope this helps,
DanT

Mark Stebbeds
07-17-2006, 09:12 AM
but Bob you say that all files start at zero, but I have somes tracks with the start in other possition....... Protools will know that possition????

If you Build Mix of each track, then then each new track will start at zero, and end at the same place as well. All individual regions will be included in the new track.

mark

J.A. Hefner
07-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Thank you UpTildawn, I will try that....... Im very happy with my mix, but I need to have "that special touch" for a professional producer (my friend, jeje).
Thanks a lot.
Un saludo a todos los que son también de habla hispana!

J.A. Hefner
07-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh, it's true Mark......... ! I have 16 songs, with 28 or 33 tracks everyone, I will need a lot of time for that..... I need to finish my work this week. But thank you very much Mark. That is a good idea!!!!

UpTilDawn
07-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Mark is correct in that you need not mark a beginning and ending area to build mix.

In fact, you may save a little time by not marking an area. The build mix will begin at zero for all tracks and end at the point at which the track info ends. This could save some time if a particular track ends before the end of the actual song.

Also, don't forget to choose your build mix option for stereo or mono tracks.
Maybe Mark can clarify this as well, but from what I understand, you need to build separate Left/Right, mono files of any stereo tracks for PT......

DanT

Bob L
07-17-2006, 11:03 AM
If you have multiple songs on one timeline and wants to separate them into individual songs/tracks... use the mark beg and end before building the mix... it will build the seleceted track from the merk begin to end point (set by using the B and E key at the to cursor positions).

Bob L

Mark Stebbeds
07-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Also, don't forget to choose your build mix option for stereo or mono tracks.
Maybe Mark can clarify this as well, but from what I understand, you need to build separate Left/Right, mono files of any stereo tracks for PT......

Pro Tools will take care of any conversion required for the session format during the import process.

Build to Mix mono tracks as mono, stereo as stereo.

This can be a bit confusing to explain, with the way PT allows a track to be stereo or seperate mono L/R at any time.

Mark

Bob L
07-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes, you can allow each track to be what you want... in SS if the track is mono, set the mono option for the buildmix by clicking in the buildmix dialog mono/stereo option zone to the right of the filename. If the track is stereo... leave it set as stereo... PT should be able to read in both as they are formatted.

Bob L

J.A. Hefner
07-18-2006, 12:38 AM
OK, I have understand all......... I am working for that.
My friend is "in shock" when I have explain (just last nigth) how to work with Sawstudio and the quality that I have in my mixes. He say that is not necessary to export nothing (to Protools or other program). I was very happy when he said me that he can't make a better mix.
Only he need to put in somes tracks a pluggin calling "PSP Vintage Warmer". I don't know nothing about this.

P.S.: in the end of the nigth, when I have finish my explain about SawStudio, he said...... Oh Jose, from this moment I can say: "a la mierda con Protools" (I don't know how to say that in english).
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.

weld
07-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Eso te iba a decir yo ahora mismo...

para que necesitas protools?

si te puedo ayudar en algo no dudes en pedirmelo.

saludos

prosodio
07-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Lo mismo te digo compañeiro. Saludos desde Coruña. Jejejejeje

PD: ¿Como va la vida Weeelddd?!!!!!

J.A. Hefner
07-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Pos muchas gracias Prosodio y Weld. Saludos desde Málaga. SÃ*, por supuesto si tengo alguna duda ya os diré algo, hasta la fecha me he estado peleando con este programa hasta llegar a conocer lo mÃ*nimo bueno para poder grabar y mezclar en condiciones, pero todavÃ*a me queda un mundo que aprender. Yo os conozco de hispasonic, pero allÃ* no suelo encontrar mucha ayuda.
Venga un saludo desde Málaga.

UpTilDawn
07-18-2006, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the clarification Bob and Mark.

weld
07-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Saludos Spanish people.....:)

a ver si hefner nos pasa algo para poder escucharlo y echarle un cable

ya ves prosodio....por aqui andamos

salud2

bcorkery
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
OK I'm lost! Nihongo wakarimashta ka?