PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering??

Carey Langille
05-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey Bob, i was wondering if a CD extract opton would be a hard thing to add to SS? I find myself going to other programs to bring my sound effects from cd, into SS. I have some of the libraries on Hard disk, but some are just TOO big... Just Curious

Bob L
05-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately... seems like everytime I research it, anything to do with CD code is still pretty variable as to protocols that work with each and every product.

CD code becomes something I feel I would have to focus on continually to master, the way I focus on just audio, midi and video.

Then you have the specialized feild of error correction in extraction routines (lots of debate on which way to do so)... then the speed of extraction (which is better for which burner and so forth)... just a can of worms that I choose not to open at this time...

I think my plate is full enough with what I'm doing already. :)

Besides, again, there are plenty of freeware and commercial inexpensive products to do this with... and each person has his favorites... I don't feel that this is an area that I can add anything unique to at this time.

Bob L

TotalSonic
05-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Besides, again, there are plenty of freeware and commercial inexpensive products to do this with... and each person has his favorites... L

My favorite in terms of accuracy and options has been Exact Audio Copy - http://www.exactaudiocopy.de

It would be nice to somehow come up with a macro that would allow SAW to automatically load the folder that the files were extracted to into a Library View - but really the extra couple of clicks really isn't a big deal.

Best regards,
Steve bErson

mghtx
05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Exact Audio Copy is very good. I use it also.

AudioAstronomer
05-26-2004, 11:21 PM
EAC is great. And having multiple, highly specialized tools such as SAW, EAC is much more powerful and higher quality than having a single "do-all" tool such as perhaps Samplitude, good results but not anywher near as flexible and sonically accurate as a EAC and SAW combo!