PDA

View Full Version : PlayLoop and MWS

Tukarstudio
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Hello oh collective genius,
How come playloop in the multitrack doesn't work when MWS is active? Or does it and I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance

Microstudio
08-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello oh collective genius,
How come playloop in the multitrack doesn't work when MWS is active? Or does it and I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance

I just tested it and it works. Are you selecting a marked range in the MT and then press the play loop button?

Craig Allen
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
It works if there is a marked area in the Multitrack window. It will not work if the only marked area is in the MWS window.

Tukarstudio
08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to loop the guitar track which is on track one and the area is marked. That is the only track that has audio. Track 2 is midi drums from MWS. Track 3 is synth bass from MWS, I am trying to audition different bass patches. On further investigation this is what happens. It all works fine as long as the guitar track stays the hot track. As soon as I open the VSTi on track 3, track 3 is now the hot track and looping no longer works. ???

UpTilDawn
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Are your midi tracks converted to real audio tracks on channels 2 and 3? I can't tell for sure by your reply, but if they are not, then I would think that when you change the hot track from channel 1 to a blank track in the MT that maybe it would stop playing because there is nothing on the track???
Kind of the way that if you have selected channel 1 by blackening the number and then move to another channel that has nothing, playback will not proceed.

DanT

Tukarstudio
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey DanT,
Well I'm still working on the part so no there is no audio on the track yet. The work around I have figured out is to create a blank region and place it on the track. This works but I would think having MWS assigned to that track should fool the multitrack into thinking it has data.
Thanks for all the help.

UpTilDawn
08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey DanT,
Well I'm still working on the part so no there is no audio on the track yet. The work around I have figured out is to create a blank region and place it on the track. This works but I would think having MWS assigned to that track should fool the multitrack into thinking it has data.
Thanks for all the help.
Guess not.....
Maybe it's similar to using the JMS metronome, since MWS is, afterall, a plugin.

I thought about the blank segment..... Good solution.

Bob L
08-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Not sure exactly what you are running into... I just tried it here and I'm free to jump all over the MWS tracks while the playback is looping with a marked section in the SAWStudio MT... that controls the loop playback.

You should not need blank regions as long as there is an active VSTi... that qualifies as data.

Bob L

Tukarstudio
08-31-2006, 05:09 AM
Well I'm my own worst enemy. I had opened the VSTi from the multitrack and every time I clicked on the interface I would change the hottrack. If I open the VSTi from MWS, I can do whatever I want in MWS and the multitrack hottrack stays the same. Thanks guys. I must say that after using SS for a couple of moths now, I REALLY LIKE IT!. Everything is so logical and well thought out. I love being able to record VSTi's right in the multitrack, I love the automation, I love the fact that after recording a 2 hour show I don't have to wait a half hour for the waveforms to draw, the built in EQ's and dynamics are great and the levelizer is unblievable.
Thanks Bob!

Bob L
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Realize that the MWS hottrack design is set to allow you to pass midi thru and play and audition any sound on any track as you click around to change the hottrack during playback... but also realize that once you initialize record in the MWS, then the starting hottrack locks the signal as the record signal pass thru, so if you jump around the tracks while recording, your sound does not change around as you are performing.

Bob L