PDA

View Full Version : F-Key # Display

Carl G.
08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Bob,
It would help re-enforce which new Fkeys I'm using if I had a Small typefaced readout on the menu bar (next to INFO) or the Min/Max/Close bar next to the SAWStudio Logo.

So that the F-Key NUMBER small, discreet, yet visable/easy to spot no matter what the F-Key setup is - plus compatible with all current Shades!
The readout would simply display like:
"F-Key 12" or "ALT F-Key 12"

Bob L
08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
This was mentioned in the past... not sure whether I find it needed or not... I have to be honest... I never cared what F-Key number I was looking at... in reality I am concerned just about the view on the screen... not what F-Key number it was... it seems to take all of a few minutes for me to sit down at anyone's SAWStudio rig and learn which F-Keys will do the trick for what I am needing at the moment... then its committed to memory and I'm busy getting the job done.

But... I'll see.

Bob L

Carl G.
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
This was mentioned in the past... not sure whether I find it needed or not... I have to be honest... I never cared what F-Key number I was looking at... in reality I am concerned just about the view on the screen... not what F-Key number it was... it seems to take all of a few minutes for me to sit down at anyone's SAWStudio rig and learn which F-Keys will do the trick for what I am needing at the moment... then its committed to memory and I'm busy getting the job done.

But... I'll see.

Bob L
Thanks. Not a high priority... but nice.... it also would be helpful when setting up/juggling around 24 F-Keys for a new template.

Microstudio
08-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks. Not a high priority... but nice.... it also would be helpful when setting up/juggling around 24 F-Keys for a new template.

Wow.... you use 24 F-Key views Carl....

Thats a lot. It would seem to me that just moving around to 24 views would take too much time?

I use just 8 and have the other 4 for quick memory views that are not saved.... but thats just me..... make those views and have fun..;)

RobertV
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Bob;

I would find it most helpful to have an indicator showing current F-Key, mostly when re-configuring the F-key settings.
It happens often that after I have changed settings, I've forgotten which F-key setting I've just modified and have to guess, regularly I've kicked myself after overwriting settings I wanted to keep!
O.K. my memory is shocking, and I should have simply written the F-Key down before I started changing it, But it is one of those request that would not hurt implementing. If it ain't to much trouble of course!

Regards.....Robert V.

jazzboxmaker
08-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Bob,
I'm in the same boat with RobertV-& found myself wishing for an Fkey indicator- only if it's simple & painless!
Thanks!

Naturally Digital
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
I would find it most helpful to have an indicator showing current F-Key, mostly when re-configuring the F-key settings.Yup. These are the times I've wished for an indicator.

Microstudio
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I say no to the idea..... Sorry guys.. all that would do is add un-needed things to the interface...IMHO.

You have to look at the F-Key on the keyboard to choose the right key or you are just pressing the key by association with the view you want. So I feel it is just a redundant icon.

One of the great things about SAW is the un-cluttered interface.

UpTilDawn
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
I say no to the idea..... Sorry guys.. all that would do is add un-needed things to the interface...IMHO.

You have to look at the F-Key on the keyboard to choose the right key or you are just pressing the key by association with the view you want. So I feel it is just a redundant icon.

One of the great things about SAW is the un-cluttered interface.

In the cases just previously indicated (which happens to be the time I most often find it a useful idea as well), what you're talking about has nothing to do with the request/need.

Once the F-keys have been established and grown accustomed to, it becomes a case of convenience, as indicated by Carl, who began the thread and then you could argue a redundancy. Redundancy, however, is not necessarily a bad thing as indicated by the sheer number of redundancies built in to a multitude of software packages we all use daily.

I believe that if Bob finds this feature request to be useful, then it will be a benefit, especially for the reasons just previously noted.

DanT

Carl G.
09-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Bob,
I'm in the same boat with RobertV-& found myself wishing for an Fkey indicator- only if it's simple & painless!
Thanks!
Actually so am I... but was just too embarrassed to mention forgetting F-Key's I'm juggling around while setting up the best of what I like.