PDA

View Full Version : scrolling

matt
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Is it possible to make the arrow keys scroll through the tracks regardless of view sellection? eg: expanded mixer window.

Yura
05-25-2004, 07:29 PM
why, that is possble from all others views of mixers...
But your question reminds me about another question...Why not to make alive such a keys that function in MT wile some plugin is active!
(left,right, up,down arrows, +,-(zoom) even {S}, {A} dont work here!!).
yes, I felt a real need of it for so long time. :rolleyes: I gues you too?
what is more: some keys dont work even when each mix console is active (k,u , r, a, s, o, x, z and even F!!!).

Bob L
05-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Matt,

The exploded mixer view is a special view... originally designed to be a companion to the Zoom Mixer and Wide Mixer views from the original Full SAWStudio.

The Exploded view has been given extra capabilities to facilitate the loss of the more powerful mixer views in Lite and Basic.

This view cannot scroll to different tracks on its own... it was designed to be popped up... used and closed... linking itself to the various channels of the Full Mixer View... or it can be latched to the side of the MT window, linking to track changes.

The Zoom and Wide Mixer views in Lite and Full do allow full arrow key and whell mouse scrolling.

The best way to utilize the Exploded View in Basic is to follow the ideas set forth in my default F-Key workspaces... arrange your windows so the Exploded Mixer is always up latched to the left side of the MultiTrack view.

Then as you jump around the MultiTrack, the Exploded Mixer will follow and you are always ready to grab any control... the MT will change tracks with the arrow keys or the mousewheel, so you actually gain back almost the same feel as using the more expensive SAWStudio versions.

Bob L

Bob L
05-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Yura,

When a plugin is the active window it has complete freedom of keystrokes and mouse to operate its interface... SAWStudio is designed to get out of the way.

Bob L

Yura
05-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes, but no one of those keys disturbs no one of native plugins.
in all others (DX,VST) it theoreticaly be optional switched.... :)

Bob L
05-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Yura,

I left the keys free for other developers to use in any plugins they may create.

I don't think it practical to say, this key works only when my plugins are patched but not when these other plugins are patched... that kind of gets out of hand real fast, don't you think.

Besides, as you noted, many keys work differently in different windows... this is, in my opinion, a very powerful way to extend the functionality of only a small handfull of useful keys to dozens of commands and features.

Keyboard use in Windows inside complex interfaces like SAWStudio which control many different views is a complex programming scenario... that is also why many of the functions are mainly mouse driven.

Let me suggest that instead of spending time trying to always re-design these kinds of things in SAWStudio... that time might be better spent simply learning and practicing the interface the way it is designed... you may find out that it is extremely efficient once you learn and understand it.

People watching over my shoulder are amazed at how fast and transparently I manipulate their sessions and bring them from the initial phase of recording, through complex manipulation and editing, all the way to a finished complete virtual mix... its really very fun.

Bob L

Yura
05-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, its understood.
I go to sleep. here is 6.06 of morning now