PDA

View Full Version : One more question?/Video sync?

Base1studio
09-20-2006, 01:50 PM
On this concert they talked about sending me a video sync signal, and I've told them I'm not sure, because anytime I've worked with video, I've just dropped it in the video track and sync has always been right on.

Wouldn't I need a video card in my laptop to get a sync track from them? I'm just sending this off to a PT setup for editing and mixing. Wouldn't the engineer doing that work handle the syncing end?

Sorry not much experience with live video stuff.

Mark Stebbeds
09-20-2006, 02:28 PM
On this concert they talked about sending me a video sync signal, and I've told them I'm not sure, because anytime I've worked with video, I've just dropped it in the video track and sync has always been right on.

Wouldn't I need a video card in my laptop to get a sync track from them? I'm just sending this off to a PT setup for editing and mixing. Wouldn't the engineer doing that work handle the syncing end?

Sorry not much experience with live video stuff.

I assume they are talking about house sync, aka video sync, aka blackburst. They want you to resolve/clock your recording rig to the same sync as the video cameras will be using.

This does not require a video card, but a hardware sync device to provide external clock derived from video sync.

Good luck.

Mark

Good luck.

Base1studio
09-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I assume they are talking about house sync, aka video sync, aka blackburst. They want you to resolve/clock your recording rig to the same sync as the video cameras will be using.

This does not require a video card, but a hardware sync device to provide external clock derived from video sync.

Good luck.

Mark

Good luck.

Thanks Mark,

I have a MOTU master clock I use in my main studio, I'll check to see if that has what's needed. I generally only run wordclock out with it.