PDA

View Full Version : SawStudio 4.0 works perfect

Scott Anthony
09-26-2006, 06:45 AM
I know... that was not nice, I'm just excited.

:p

Ian Alexander
09-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Well, you got me.:mad:

:D

spiritman
09-26-2006, 07:35 AM
&*(&^$****(^&)(*)*)*)%&*:p

Rabbit
09-26-2006, 07:39 AM
I spilt my coffee when I saw the title and quickly tried to open this thread.... I thought maybe 4.0 was released..... now I have to dry out my keyboard. :rolleyes:

Angie
09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Scott! Don't do that!!!! :eek:

trock
09-26-2006, 08:03 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!

i just came back to my desk at work with a cup of coffe and SAW (haha) this!

I instantly stopped working and was so excited i decided to leave early and stop working completely

AND THEN I READ THIS!!

now i am dejected and am still considering leaving since i am unable to work due to my depression!

Microstudio
09-26-2006, 08:36 AM
I have been beta testing 4.0 for a month now..... oops... now Bob is going to kick me @ss for letting that out.

O well its out and I have to say this update is a good one....I am loving it!..;)

sebastiandybing
09-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Come on, I have been beta testing 4.1 for almost a year:eek:

mghtx
09-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Got me too!!!! :eek:

trock
09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
well since the cats out of the bag i have to let everyone know i am actually working on 5.0 as we speak, this is so top secret, even Bob doesn't know of my work

shhhhhh

Carey Langille
09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
OUCH, Can someone help me pick my Jaw Up off the Floor??;)

Dave Labrecque
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
To all concerned... both SAC and Video Workshop are almost done with my gamma testing.

Tim Miskimon
09-26-2006, 11:03 AM
For the past 8 months I've been beta testing the Saw touch screen monitor. It's 30 by 20 and works great - I've only gotten shocked 3 or 4 times and in every case the hospital stay was short. The only lasting effect - I no longer have finger prints.
Look for it to be released in 2007.

(Thought I'd pass this along since we're all posting lies...:D ).

Bill O'Connell
09-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Version 4.0 hums along so transparently and efficiently, it's almost like it isn't even there.

Bob L
09-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Well... I have been using 4.0.... for real.... and it is SWEEEETTTT! :)

Bob L

trock
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Bob, in order for you to prove you have one of these coveted versions of 4.0 i am going to have to ask you to send me a copy ASAP so I can back up your claims :D

trock
09-26-2006, 01:14 PM
oh and its

SAWEEEETTTTT

not SWEEEETTTTTTT

Angie
09-26-2006, 01:19 PM

Bob L

Bob! Don't do that to us!!!!

DBenkert
09-26-2006, 01:50 PM

Bob L

Bob - I'll give you $100 if you send me a copy :)

Carl G.
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM

Bob L
My dentist needs more money - quick, release a SWEEEETTTT copy and all 3 of us win!
(I soon as I bite my teeth into it : )

Bob L
09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Still chasing down loopholes in the new engine... its not ready for primetime yet. :)

Bob L

Microstudio
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I am doing the same thing with my engine.... it's a 351 Windsor 30 over it not ready for prime time yet.... but soon it will be... maybe next summer...:cool:

mako
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Still chasing down loopholes in the new engine... its not ready for primetime yet. :)

Bob L

Mmmmm - perhaps we could help :)

cheers

mako

Carl G.
09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I am doing the same thing with my engine.... it's a 351 Windsor 30 over it not ready for prime time yet.... but soon it will be... maybe next summer...:cool:
Maybe you'd like a beta tester for IT too?? :)
I regret selling my 289, 3/4 race cam, 4barrell Hollie, Dual exhaust 1967 Mustang GT Sprint, cherried out at one point.
Driveway Sample: http://creativetrax.com/Saw/Carl67GT.mp3
Public Garage Sample(NO echo added): http://creativetrax.com/Saw/Carl67GTgarage.mp3

Oz Nimbus
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Bob L

That's just plain ****ing mean.

-0z-

Bill O'Connell
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
New engine? Bob did say that didn't he?

Oh, my. :)

BillyK
09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
When will SS 4.0b update be available? :rolleyes:

soundtrack2life
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Bob, I did read you are still working out the bugs before 4.0 is primetime. But since we are getting close can we a least get a couple of screen shots to see it? If this has already been done could someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Joe

Rabbit
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
What sorta mileage does this new engine get? :p

Bob L
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Screenshots won't give you any real clues about what's under the hood now.

The mileage to expect is full recording tape style input monitoring with no external console or TotalMix needed... full control of soloing across output devices so multiple headphone aux mixes can be listened to in the control room with no external hardware needed... aux mixes that can duplicate the main mix or other auxes with one click... across all 72 channels...

Full PFL soloing capability, and solo to another device so the main PA stacks are not interrupted for live work...

Full Session Track exporting for other DAWS... with and without processing... one click away....

The list continues.... that's enough for now. :)

Bob L

Rabbit
09-26-2006, 10:29 PM
It sounds incredible and I'm sure it will be based on all the fantastic work you've done to date. :)

studio-c
09-26-2006, 10:52 PM

Bob L

you're all bastard people... :( i'm going home to bite my pillow...

kidding of course.

mako
09-27-2006, 02:50 AM

The mileage to expect is full recording tape style input monitoring with no external console or TotalMix needed... full control of soloing across output devices so multiple headphone aux mixes can be listened to in the control room with no external hardware needed... aux mixes that can duplicate the main mix or other auxes with one click... across all 72 channels...

Full PFL soloing capability, and solo to another device so the main PA stacks are not interrupted for live work...

Full Session Track exporting for other DAWS... with and without processing... one click away....

Bob L

God - what a TEASER

mako

Marvin
09-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Just realized that my feet is in a puddle of drool. Wonder where that came from?

Tree Leopard
09-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Well, I tried downloading it on dial-up but it cuts out half way through. Anyone having the same problems?

Andre

Dave Labrecque
09-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Just realized that my feet is in a puddle of drool. Wonder where that came from?

Are you sure that's drool?

Dave Labrecque
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM
you're all bastard people... :( i'm going home to bite my pillow...

kidding of course.

Careful -- no one wants to be known as a pillow-biter.

SoundSuite
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, I tried downloading it on dial-up but it cuts out half way through. Anyone having the same problems?

Andre
Dial-up + the webminders downloader script = failure

I download any updates elsewhere on broadband, others have used download apps like GetRight.

*tryed downloading today for this post just for giggles, it times out before i can get the levelizer plugin update down, much less if i tryed the whopping 3.xMB app ;)

Jeanne posted previously in another thread she would email anyone on dialup with their updates.
http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=36340#post36340
I'm, of course, assuming this offer still stands ;)

Pedro Itriago
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Dial-up + the webminders downloader script = failure

I download any updates elsewhere on broadband, others have used download apps like GetRight.

*tryed downloading today for this post just for giggles, it times out before i can get the levelizer plugin update down, much less if i tryed the whopping 3.xMB app ;)

Jeanne posted previously in another thread she would email anyone on dialup with their updates.
http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=36340#post36340
I'm, of course, assuming this offer still stands ;)

She already sent me 4.0. It's awesome!!!

mikebuzz
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey Bob take your time and make sure it's right so many companies release product before it's ready and make US the beta testers and it just pisses people off IMO .

Thanks for being thoughtful and concerned about your product.

LAter
BUzz

PS: NOW HURRY UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Tree Leopard
09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Pedro, you've had more than a couple of puffs - now pass it over to me!

Seriously though, without any warning, my ISP evaporated into thin air this time last week. 30,000 customers left stranded. Welcome to Telco in OZ.

Andre

Ian Alexander
09-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Seriously though, without any warning, my ISP evaporated into thin air this time last week. 30,000 customers left stranded. Welcome to Telco in OZ.

Andre
Had this happen with a web hosting outfit, a few months after it sold "lifetime" deals to several hundred customers, including me.:o Some lessons we learn the hard way.

DominicPerry
09-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey Pedro, you've had more than a couple of puffs - now pass it over to me!

Andre

All of Zimbabwe lost it's connection to the internet last week, because they have no money to pay for the connection. Imagine that, no food, no house AND no internet.

Dominic

Pedro Itriago
09-28-2006, 06:46 AM
All of Zimbabwe lost it's connection to the internet last week, because they have no money to pay for the connection. Imagine that, no food, no house AND no internet.

Dominic

Don't worry, Tarzan will help

studio-c
09-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Careful -- no one wants to be known as a pillow-biter.

Sorry. It's my favorite scene from the movie "Waiting for Guffman".

I am currently beta-testing "Angelina Jolie 2.0". Excellent...

not to swing this thread OT or anything. ;)

Scott

Dave Labrecque
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM

Dominic

LOL! That's bad. Funny. But, bad. :p:eek::( (But funny.)

Dave Labrecque
09-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry. It's my favorite scene from the movie "Waiting for Guffman".

Well, it made me laugh. And now I remember why. :)

I am currently beta-testing "Angelina Jolie 2.0". Excellent...

Did they improve on her endowments over those for "Tomb Raider"? Careful... you'll put your eye out.

HapHazzard
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM

Bob L

Stop! Bob,
Jaw Drop 2.0 not working. Locked up internal systems. Can't read. must ...clear..memo...Need to re...boot! ding click bonk! "dave..yes Hal"

I'll Be waiting!:D

brent
09-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Crap Bob, just put it out half finished and full of bugs. That has worked for other companies. haha.

Oz Nimbus
09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Sounds very exciting, Bob! I can't wait to start doing the "live to tape" thing in Saw. That & the extended lsolo modes for PA use sound amazing too. I can't wait. Hopefully Christmas comes early this year!

:D

DBenkert
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey Bob,

Just curious, do you have a general idea of the timeline for 4.0 release? I know it is hard to say while you are wokring through everything, but like I said, just curious. End of October, November, or later?

Did I say I was just curious?

Bob L
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I am working on it round the clock... I'm hopeful for a release before the end of the year.

Bob L

studio-c
10-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Hopefully you're getting SOME sleep. Take care of yourself. :)

Scott

brent
10-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Say Bob,

By your last statement, are we to interpret that 4.0 will have a different look as well?

Bob L
10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
No... what in my statement suggested a different look?

Bob L

brent
10-07-2006, 10:25 AM
"Screenshots won't give you any real clues about what's under the hood now."

I thought that there might be some accommodation of new buttons for functions, etc. Not a graphics revision per se.

Bob L
10-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh... well... not really... although I do have some new window views that I'm working on... so Shades will have to be updated along the way... although the program will default to my versions of the new windows if the Shade you use does not have these graphics included... therefore the program will still function correctly.

Bob L