PDA

View Full Version : How Do I RECORD in SAW in LIVE MODE?

mpe1224
09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I have figured out how to use my Native INstruments- GUITAR RIG inside SAW - AS A PLUGIN--then by activating LIVE MODE in SAW.... I have brought a DRUM Track into SAW by FILE/OPEN Soundfile & add to MT
NOW I can JAM w/Guitar RIg and DRUMS...

NOW HOW DO I RECORD in SAW in LIVE MODE? I have searched the SAW Forum & found this info:
-------
< Once the channel is set for Live mode, to record you cannot record from that device directly

You must record from the channel where your input is set. This is available the same place where you select your mono or stereo device input.

Also, when you begin SRP, live mode will automatically be engaged. No need to hit L when you plan on recording while live monitoring.-------------
HOWEVER I don't understand how to "RECORD from the channel where your input is set"??

Could someone please steer me into the right DIRECTION here?
thanks
mpe

Bob L
09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
On the record meter, click the Input zone... there you have Stereo Devices and Mono Devices as choices to record direct from the soundcard devices... the third option is Mixer Channels... here you pick any mixer channel to record from and the signal on that channel will be directed to disk.... so, simply pick the mixer channel that has the guitar rig patched in and you can record the signal.

You may want to record on another track... different from the track that has the guitar plugin... that way, you can playback without having to disable the guitar plug.... most VST synth plugs do not pass audio thru the plug, therefore... when one is patched in, it blocks ay region data from passing thru.

So... patch the plug into track 1 and record on track 2 (with the input zone pointing back to track 1)... Track 2 will then record whatever signal is on track 1.

Bob L

Microstudio
09-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I use GTR 2 with SAW all the time and record it in live mode. I also use my Amp and run it through effects in SAW in live mode and record it. I go over this in the videos.

mpe1224
09-26-2006, 09:20 PM
THANKS VERY MUCH BOB and thanks Microstudio!