PDA

View Full Version : 'nother Library View Import thing

Dave Labrecque
10-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Looks like the Import feature adds 200 ms to the start and end of the sound file data being imported. That sure makes it tough to import a file and then re-path to it. :( Is this to allow some room for SoftEdges on regions-to-be when several files are imported at the same time?

Bob L
10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes Dave... it is to separate imported data from each other and allow for softedges to go into blank data.

Not sure I understand why this is a problem... the imported data is created as a region, so as long as the region is properly marked, the extra spaces for visual separation and softedges should not matter.

It is designed for creating nice SFX files with multiple sound effects within one large file, each effect marked as its own region.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
10-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes Dave... it is to separate imported data from each other and allow for softedges to go into blank data.

Not sure I understand why this is a problem... the imported data is created as a region, so as long as the region is properly marked, the extra spaces for visual separation and softedges should not matter.

It is designed for creating nice SFX files with multiple sound effects within one large file, each effect marked as its own region.

Bob L

OK, I was trying to use it for something it wasn't intended for; namely, to import a session sound file that's outside the project folder, so I could just re-path it and archive the project folder. The extra samples, of course, aren't conducive to that. :)

This whole archiving thing brings up another question that will appear in a new thread. L:eek:k for it. :)