PDA

View Full Version : Importing old SAWPro edl's

CurtZHP
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Long time listener, first time caller......

I recently acquired SAWStudioLite, after months of drooling over the demo. Back in the day, my weapon of choice was SAWPro, so it's sort of a homecoming. (hums "Back in the Saddle Again....")

The other night, I tried to import an edl from SAWPro, and I got a message that said it was unable to do that. Something about the edl possibly being from a newer version. Huh?

It's not a huge deal, as there were really no edits in the edl. It was just a straight transfer from my old analog 8-track, so I suppose I could just import the audio tracks without the edl.

Any thoughts?

I also had one other question. My soundcard is the Sydec Soundscape Mixtreme 192. I understand that Soundscape supports the DWAVE driver and I'd like to try it. Is it just a simple matter of selecting it in the SAW menu, assuming that it was installed when I installed the card?

Arco
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, you should be able to "Import" the SAWPro EDL. Make sure you Imported and didn't try to Open. Also make sure all the paths are correct in your SAWPro Edl. Can you try some of your other sawpro edls?

From BobL:

The import function expects the original session opens correctly in Pro. You will need to go back to Pro... open the session and repath the files properly so everything is intact... then you can import the session into Studio.

CurtZHP
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
That was my mistake. I was just trying to "open" it. A classic case of "RTFM." Thanks!

Pedro Itriago
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
That was my mistake. I was just trying to "open" it. A classic case of "RTFM." Thanks!

Make a copy if the old sawpro edl. Once you save on it with studio, it won't open again in sawpro. So, again, import a copy of the edl.

Question 2
Yes, is as simple as selecting dwave on the driver model list

CurtZHP
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks!

Bob L
10-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Welcome aboard...

A little time spent with the manual will save a lot of time spent scratching your head as you get settled in... :)

Have Fun.

Bob L

CurtZHP
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Welcome aboard...

A little time spent with the manual will save a lot of time spent scratching your head as you get settled in... :)

Have Fun.

Bob L

True that. Right now, it's a bit like trying to drink from a fire hose. I feel like a mosquito in a nudist colony. I know what to do, I just don't know where to start!

DominicPerry
10-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I think we can all recommend Microstudio's DVD Videos of SAW to get started and even learn some complex stuff.:)

Try Learn Saw with The SS Videos (http://www.thessvideos.com/)

Dominic

Dave Labrecque
10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
True that. Right now, it's a bit like trying to drink from a fire hose. I feel like a mosquito in a nudist colony. I know what to do, I just don't know where to start!

First I began to look ascance at your overindulgence with multiple similes. It was, frankly, beneath me. Then I freekin' wet my pants over the mosquito bit. :eek: :D Where the hell did you get that one? :D Funny schtuff. Thanks. :p

CurtZHP
10-18-2006, 09:30 AM
First I began to look ascance at your overindulgence with multiple similes. It was, frankly, beneath me. Then I freekin' wet my pants over the mosquito bit. :eek: :D Where the hell did you get that one? :D Funny schtuff. Thanks. :p

Got that from one of my favorite preachers, a fellow by the name of Steve Brown. He uses it all the time.