PDA

View Full Version : copying settings from 1 song to the next ?

mikebuzz
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I have a mix of drums on a session that I mant to copy the settings ( comp/eq ect .) to 4 other songs ( same session/mics/setup, different files ) what is the easiest way to do this ( 9 tracks )

LAter
Buzz

PS: I know you can save to memory 4 settings but is there a more efficient way to do it ?????????????????

Bob L
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Use the Store All From Chan To File... label the files Kick, Snare... etc...

Then switch to the next session and Recall them one at a time.

In 4.0... this is already enhanced to do automatic storing and recalling of all selected channels... the file names are labeled from the chan labels and when you recall to a new session... it matches chan labels with file labels and will recal in any track re-order.... very powerful... you can do all 72 channels in one command.

Bob L

mako
10-24-2006, 01:51 PM
In 4.0... this is already enhanced to do automatic storing and recalling of all selected channels... the file names are labeled from the chan labels and when you recall to a new session... it matches chan labels with file labels and will recal in any track re-order.... very powerful... you can do all 72 channels in one command.

Bob L

Fantastic - soon?

mako

Tukarstudio
10-24-2006, 02:14 PM
you can do all 72 channels in one command.

Bob L

Where's the drooling smiley when you need one?:D

Bob L
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Buzz,

If the session layouts are exactly the same... you could simply save a mix template file from the main session and then open that ontop of the other sessions... that would do it all in one command now.

Bob L

mikebuzz
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
The drum files are all the same but the rest of them vary so ??? , I'll try the other method it should work fine .

Thanks
Buzz

Marvin
10-25-2006, 05:26 PM

Oh boy fantastic! Perfect! and it will arrive just in time for the start of a large mixing session, where this will be a big help! Thank you!!!

Marvin