PDA

View Full Version : MWS Question

Larry Burger
11-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I placed a midi track on 1 sent port 1 to soft synth 1, it works.
I placed a copy of the midi on two set the port to soft synth 2, another track plugin set the second synth to 2. 2 does not work.
Midi track 1 says part 1, chn1 the other one does not. There is no midi meter on two.
What am I doing wrong.
Thank you..

johndale
11-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Whats the virtual or real out set on the second unit and and do you have all the audio outs you need and make sure you don't have any other inputs open on that track. Also right clic there in the track label area and make sure you have your channels right. Post back if you are still having problems.
John

Bob L
11-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Make sure you are selecting a midi chan also... you need a port and midi chan... softsynths generally set their own program patch within the plugin, so no prgm or bank is needed.

Generally start with midi chan 1 for each new synth plugin... but if you try more than one sound from a single plugin, it must have multitimbral capability and you then must set midi chan 2, 3, 4, etc for each new patch within the plugin.

Bob L

Larry Burger
11-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks Bob.
Do I select the channel inside MWS or the plugin?

Larry Burger
11-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks Bob.
Never Mind, it is inside MWS (correct).

Bob L
11-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Both... the MWS track has to send midi data down the same midi chan that the synth is accepting for the particular sound patch.

You also must match the MWS Virtual port on both the MWS Track and the synth.

Bob L

johndale
11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Yea, Larry once you get it. MWS is the easiest (and I been thru a few) MIDI interface you will ever use. It is so simple it's an insult to our genius minds.
John

johndale
11-04-2006, 12:59 AM
By the way Larry, I'm a guitar player. We are renowned for our ability to make anything electronic difficult.
John

MMP
11-04-2006, 05:24 AM
It's a lot like cable TV. The VSTi's are all little television sets, and MWS is the cable company. To receive anything on those TVs, the Cable staion has to broadcast a program on a channel, and the TV has to be tuned into it.

This is how I always talk tech to guitar players, as almost all of them have watched cable.:D

Regards,

MM

johndale
11-04-2006, 05:48 AM
I just watch the wheels go 'round and 'round. But I just had to let it go...............

Margindge
11-04-2006, 06:13 AM
I have a quesion too.Sometimes Midi will go wrong.How can we reset Midi in MWS,dose MWS has "Reset MIDI" key?Tanks!:)

Bob L
11-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Everytime you stop the MWS engine it sends a midi note off to every active midi channel... as well as resets all controllers and a few other midi panic type information. This should handle most any midi stuck note problem.

Bob L

Margindge
11-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Everytime you stop the MWS engine it sends a midi note off to every active midi channel... as well as resets all controllers and a few other midi panic type information. This should handle most any midi stuck note problem.

Bob L
Thanks BOB.:)

Neal Starrett
11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
It's a lot like cable TV. The VSTi's are all little television sets, and MWS is the cable company. To receive anything on those TVs, the Cable staion has to broadcast a program on a channel, and the TV has to be tuned into it.

This is how I always talk tech to guitar players, as almost all of them have watched cable.:D

Regards,

MM

Does this mean that I can watch cable tv within MWS?:confused: just curious

Neal (guitarist)