PDA

View Full Version : The saga goes on

Carlos Mills
11-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi Bob,

Since Robert was already the "first ungrateful fellow to ask for an addition to 4.0" ;) , I now fell much more relaxed to ask: any chances of activating the "Chase Trigger from SMPTE" option? :)
It seems that not too many of us use/need it, but it would have saved my day in a specific gig some months ago... Thanks for listening Bob.

Bob L
11-11-2006, 05:59 PM
That's on the list... but as you said... it isn't much needed anymore... and you can easily sync to Smpte thru many different midi interfaces.

I have to do some internal modifications to the engine to do it directly without hardware and it has kept slipping further and further down the list, since so many of the other features seem much more exciting. :)

I'll see what I can do.

Bob L

trock
11-12-2006, 05:21 AM
hi bob

Great great job on 4.0 and the new store and all of it! i was just wondering if you could put out a list of what you had coming down the pike with updates? some have obviously had questions on other aspects of the program that you might be including later or sooner, one i had was about the MCU and extenders. so i just thought it might nip alot of the questions in the bud, so to speak.

thanks and congrats!

Bob L
11-12-2006, 08:11 AM
That list changes on a daily basis it seems and I'm not too keen on getting latched into anything that is on it.

Last thing I need to invite is more of the "You promised xxxx and you lied.... and I'm calling my lawyer". :)

Besides... its more fun to just wait and see what shows up under the XMas tree.

Bob L

trock
11-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah that was total crap, i understand. thats cool bob.

rioguy
11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
Hi Bob,
It seems that not too many of us use/need it, but it would have saved my day in a specific gig some months ago... Thanks for listening Bob.

I assume you refer specifically to Video and TV gigs, which require the cameras sending the recorder a 29.97 DROP FRAME signal and have it triggered to it. You can't do this through MTC. Only 29.97 'non drop' signals.
So the need for the 'Trigger from SMPTE' feature makes sense.

Bob L
11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
The better way to do that is to have SAWStudio generate the Smpte and feed the cameras... and have them chase... they are designed to do that.

SAWStudio chasing anything is a bad idea.... the chase would actually have to be done at the hardware soundcard level to really be accurate.

Me reading Smpte only gives the starting trigger... the actual soundcard clock would also need to be actively chasing the Smpte to stay in accurate sync... this is why I have placed this so far down on the list... its actually not really going to be worth much even when its in the code.

Bob L