PDA

View Full Version : Punch Out Crash--Use Region Memory Caching

Arco
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I was able to diagnose the issue I was having with auto punching out causing a SAW crash: it's the "Use Region Memory Caching" If I uncheck it I'm cool. Rechecking it and I crash--very consistent.

This is only when using a marked area to punch in and out. When I punch out using the stop button OR pressing the Enter key I have no problems.

..no biggie. Don't really need the region caching but thought you'all should know.

Bob L
11-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Good find... I was able to duplicate the problem.

I'll check into a fix.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
11-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Yaaaay!

Bob L
11-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Code is fixed... it will show up in a maintenance release very soon.

Good detective work chasing it down. :)

Bob L

Sean McCoy
11-20-2006, 07:51 AM
I have to comment on how refreshing this attitude toward bugs is. Many companies (including a nameless one with a fruity logo) will vehemently deny that a problem is their responsibility, but it will mysteriously right itself after an update (weeks or months later), leaving all to wonder whether their systems or the software really were to blame. It's a tremendous confidence builder when the developer readily recognizes an issue and specifically addresses it in an update. Thanks for your arrogance-free approach, Bob.

Arco
11-20-2006, 08:13 AM
I second that! There is nothing like it out there.

Bob L
11-20-2006, 09:03 AM
This stuff gets extremely complicated and with so many thousands of variables from system to system and soundcard to soundcard and the many different ways of working from person to person, there is no way to find and trap fro every possible code failure during testing.

When the code goes out and people dive into to using it, these kinds of things will always surface... the trick is to simply chase them down when reported... duplicate the issue to verify that it is indeed a problem in my code... and then work on the code till its fixed. :)

Bob L

Naturally Digital
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
the trick is to simply chase them down when reported... duplicate the issue to verify that it is indeed a problem in my code... and then work on the code till its fixed. :) Ahhh, so THAT's the secret! Who knew?:rolleyes: