PDA

View Full Version : OT: I just realized...

Pedro Itriago
11-25-2006, 06:29 AM
...that I don't belong here.

It could be because of the person I've been forced to turn into, but the fact remains that it seems I no longer have anything positive to contribute here.

It has been very nice to know you all adn be able to interact with the forum from the old compuserve days until recently. It has been a pleasure for me.

Good luck to you all.

Farewell

MikeDee
11-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Pedro -

Unless today is a Latin American holiday which is the equivalent of the United States' April Fools' Day...in which case, ya got me...I'm rather surprised and disappointed to hear you say you're leaving our Forum...and for the reasons you stated.

I don't recall anyone forcing you to be someone other than yourself, and I certainly would not want you to force yourself to be someone you're not, either. I, for one, have always read your posts with interest. I have learned things from SAWStudio and audio to OT subjects, such as politics. In fact, it was tremendous to hear what was going on in your part of the world first-hand, rather than try to make sense of what the media was reporting...and we usually heard it from you ahead of time.

As far as contributing: You certainly have done so here. No one should expect a contribution from anyone else every day of the week. I, myself, have gone dry for months...I had nothing worth offering, not even a quip. But I still dropped by and continued to learn, knowing my time would come one day where I might offer even one tidbit of help to another SAWyer who might happen to need that one tidbit. We're all here to help each other and enjoy each other's company...that's why we're known as The SAW Community.

For me, even the occasional OT or joke is c***248;***248;l...we all need a laugh or a break once in a while. I mean, hey, even Dave and Mark have, in essence, formed their own comedy team! :D As long as things don't get out of hand, I even get a kick out the SAWStudio vs. ProTools sqabbles...and...the real kick...I have actually gained some knowledge from some of these posts!

Well, Pedro...in my book, you certainly belong here. Of course, I will not try to change your mind...or even ask you to change your mind...else, that might be considered you being forced or forcing yourself to be someone you're not. ;) Whichever road you decide to take...it has been a pleasure knowing you, even if only via our Forum. I wish you the best...have a great Christmas.

God Bless, Amigo. :)

Leadfoot
11-25-2006, 08:23 AM
how did you come to that conclusion?? have you been drinking? who did you turn into and why do you think that? i'm trying to think of something funny here, but i got nothin'.. i suppose you have your reasons, but that kinda bums me out man. i was gonna set up our christmas tree with the wife and daughter, but now i'm not going to even have a christmas here, see what you've done. thanks alot.

tony

Kimbo
11-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I have always enjoyed your posts. I don't post a lot but I sure hope you change your mind.. you have been a great contributer !!!

DannyV
11-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Pedro,
Even though I lurk more than I involve myself I would miss your humor. Your reasonable approach to comments made
(infrequently) by flamers or morons has lightened the situation, all to our advantage.
Obivously, you must do what your heart says but perhaps you could ask it again why it wants you to split. If anything, I'd say you belong here. Be well, stay warm. :D
Regards,

Danny Vaccaro

JonathanT
11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Pedro, you can't just leave man, you're part of the furniture. And I'm sure we all appreciate your contributions, we might even like your humour.

So come back!

Best regards

Jonathan

WWW111
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
No...:confused: ...I said no,you can't leave us...:( :rolleyes:

You add alot to this forum!

I,and others, enjoy your insight and humor.:)

It is your decision(and I will respect that),but You Will Be Missed!:eek:

Take Care and I Do Hope You Change Your Mind!!! :)

Bill Wall

mikebuzz
11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Pedro just GO AWAY !! , but come back soon

LAter
Buzz
:D

AudioAstronomer
11-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I have to say i've been feeling the same way lately.

I wrote a big long post about it and deleted it because it really comes down to 2 very simple things:

1. No OT forum. The main forum is flooded constantly with OT posts that get in the way of finding legit information on sawstudio.

2. A couple of users who manage to turn nearly every thread into an OT thread.

Make an off-topic forum. It'd be nice to come to the SAWSTUDIO forum and actually see the majority of posts about, and discuss sawstudio.

p.s. I do notice the irony complaining about OT threads in an OT thread... funny :)

Cary B. Cornett
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey, I want to vote Pedro back ONTO the island (this one right here). Yeah, he has been pretty silly lately, but, dang! That's part of his charm. Most of us here have our off days (or even the occasional off month), but I would rather see Pedro hang on it than disappear.

Now, how OT is THAT? oh... nevermind...:o

Rabbit
11-25-2006, 01:07 PM
You're kidding right? :eek:

For what it's worth, I've gotten a lot of value from you posts Pedro, and your sense of humor and irony have defused more than one petty flame contest around here which I'm sure most of us appreciate. (I always thought you had the highest laugh per post ratio on the board, and I'll miss knowing I could count on you to lighten things up a bit. :D )

Above all else, we all do what we've got to do so I wish you the best in all things.

Be safe out there.

Bill O'Connell
11-25-2006, 03:01 PM
I hope everythings O.K. with him...Pedro, at least come back and tell us if things are all right with you. :confused:

Damn, things won't be the same without Pedro.

Bill

mako
11-25-2006, 04:41 PM
You're kidding right? :eek:

.snip<

I hope so.

Be well Pedro

mako

Marvin
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Sorry to hear this, I will miss you. Thanks for all the laughs and great posts Pedro. Hope things work out for the best , and you're welcome here anytime!

// Marvin

Microstudio
11-25-2006, 05:40 PM

It could be because of the person I've been forced to turn into, but the fact remains that it seems I no longer have anything positive to contribute here.

It has been very nice to know you all adn be able to interact with the forum from the old compuserve days until recently. It has been a pleasure for me.

Good luck to you all.

Farewell

Mmmmm...."the person I've been forced to turn into"...?

My mother gave my a book for X-Mas about 20 years ago, the name of the book.. As A Man Thinketh. In reading it I learned that I am the soul lord and master of my on thoughts. I looked into this and really thought about what I think about and why the way I think the way I do, in doing this I found that it is true... I am the soul lord and master of my own thoughts. Thoughts turn into action and this is why I am posting on your thread in response to your post.

Pedro nobody has forced you to be any other person then you are. It is you that has let you turn into the person that made this post...... and why? Only you know... but know this. The SAWStudio forum is a great forum where people can come and learn about SAW and chat with people in the industry or the hobby. People come in many flavors... but there is only one SAW Forum and it is here that all the flavors turn into The Saw Forum...;)

jazzboxmaker
11-26-2006, 03:23 AM
Pedro,
Hope whatevers going on now works out OK- But cake don't rise without leavening so you will be sorely missed round here buddy!

Have a good Christmas and lotsa luck in New Year & hope to hear from you soon

Peace bro

mghtx
11-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I hardly ever post anymore because there's only so many times I can say, "SAW's great!" :D I never have any real issues with it so....I just check in from time to time to see what info is here.

I'll say again though...the new SAW site is fantastic. I like it a LOT better than before.

Microstudio
11-26-2006, 10:44 AM
People need to understand that this forum is here to help out people and to get help from people.

After using SAW for many years and making The SS Videos I have learned a ton about SAW & MWS and I really don't need a lot of help anymore... but you never know....

That does not mean that I should not try and give back to the forum that helped me to get where I am now. So I hang out and check in many times a week... plus it is fun...;)

What can SAWTalk do for you?

Brent Bennett
11-26-2006, 02:52 PM
I think we should all take 3 days off from the forum and read the SawStudio manual. Maybe take one day to go get it printed, and two days to read it.

This will give Bob a three day break to code SAC, and everyone here will be able to positively contribute and give assistance to SawStudio newbies. Think about how much knowledge we would gain on the forum if everyone here read the manual.

See you all again Thursday.

*I vote for Pedro to stay.

Jay Q
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Make an off-topic forum.This has been suggested before, and I really don't get why Bob & Jeanne don't implement this. If the rationale is that they don't want to encourage OT discussion, well that's clearly happening anyway. And some folks write rather cryptic thread titles and don't bother writing "OT", so I sometimes feel like I'm duped into reading a thread.

Given that there's no restriction on OT posts here (outside of abusive/profane content), why not just add a forum for it? Like Robert said, it'd make it easier to come looking for what you wanna look for. Plus, I'd think it'd make it easier for new users who just want to find answers quickly.

Oh... and Pedro, don't be crazy! We need you, man! :)

Jay

Ian Alexander
11-27-2006, 09:39 AM
My input is feeble, and not wanted usually.

This has not been my impression of your posts. IMO, the more members we have doing different kinds of production, the richer the info we share. Besides that, this serves as the water cooler for some of us. It's not just about SS, but that's the catalyst. You and Pedro should both continue to contribute when you can.

I have this feeling that Pedro is lurking and laughing. At least I hope so. I've been LOL many times at his posts. And that's very healthy. If he left, I'll miss him.

Naturally Digital
11-27-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm confused. :confused:

soundtrack2life
11-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I just realized . . . . I don't get it. Why do people here feel that their "input is feeble, and not wanted usually", "no longer have anything positive to contribute here", etc. etc. Putting SAW aside IMO this is one of the better forums on the web. Is there a contagious insecurity complex bug going around?? Or has this become a competition of who helps the best or most?? At some point in time everyone has something useful to contribute. Some here have more time & knowlege than others. But most important we have the "man behind the curtain" . . . Bob. I think everyone should just take a deep breath and relax:) . Maybe its the stress of the upcoming holidays:confused: As for a OT forum I agree that would be a nice addition. However I wouldn't not use the forum if it wasn't added. That would be insane. At least many of the OT's computer & music related. So how off topic are they really? Let's face facts that SAW pretty much works awesome out the box:cool: . So other than some minor bugs on new releases & sugestions for new features what else are we going to talk about:D? So for now IMO the OT's bring in a breath of fresh air. But like I said seperate forums would be nice.
Joe

Tree Leopard
11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Hmmm ... maybe this thread is a way of saying that the energy of the forum has changed.

When I first joined up there were less than 400 members. Now - as of today - there are 896 members. Just a year ago, much of the discussion had quite a different feel then, it had more of an edge. Remember too that Canipus - love him or hate him - did add a certain element of impetuousness to the whole affair and we had to fight back. :D

In the meantime, what I can say from my own observations of The Great Big Music Software & Hardware Roundabout is that a lot of people feel jaded with the whole deal today. We are simply bombed with way too much information about products and services. Now it's about finding a way to cut through the digital sludge on every level.

Seen this way, Robert's comment about the number of OTs is just a reflection of this. In my view, given the environment we operate in today, there is simply too much stuff to process.

Pedro - who else could post a picture of a gorilla or a flaming hand in the middle of a thread and say it all? (I still laugh when I think about it). Stay. Remember - with nearly every project in his career Buñuel was told "You can't do that!". But he did, film after film ...

Andre

Arco
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
I've noticed that Pedro's input has, at times, been pretty acid in recent months...maybe he just needs a change. change is good! wish you all the best.

John Hernandez
11-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Guys...

Don't you know that this is not the real Pedro Itriago?? Hugo Chavez had a gun to his head and FORCED him to post that!! I expect we'll be hearing from the REAL Pedro in a few...

Mark Stebbeds
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Hugo Chavez had a gun to his head and FORCED him to post that!!

What does Hugo Chavez have to do with this thread? :)

If you can't respect the man, at least respect the office. :eek:

OTOH, your support of OT political satire on this forum is acknowledged.;) :)

Mark

John Hernandez
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
What does Hugo Chavez have to do with this thread? :)

If you can't respect the man, at least respect the office. :eek:

OTOH, your support of OT political satire on this forum is acknowledged.;) :)

MarkMy comment was not focused on Mr. Chavez one way or the other. I only sought to bring humor to a sad situation (i.e., the leaving of Pedro), knowing that he himself has been a vocal opponent of said leader.

John

studio-c
11-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow, so I go away for a few weeks and everything gets crazy...

Pedro, you're one of my faves around here. Maybe I should read some threads to see what I've been missing. But dude.... you find weird pics better than anyone I know.

Nothing is permanent. Take a breather if you like, but don't let's call the whole thing off.

Cheers,
Scott

DominicPerry
11-29-2006, 04:51 AM
Nothing is permanent. Take a breather if you like, but don't let's call the whole thing off.

You say potato, he says patata.

Dominic

trock
11-29-2006, 05:24 AM
i tend to stay away from these type of posts because i never really know what to say. but i finally had to add my 2 cents

1st cent - i really enjoy pedro being here and his posts, he brings humor and insite to alot of what is posted here. i would hate to see him go

2nd cent - i really think this is one of the best forums around, even if i didn't have SAW i find alot of good reading here and have learned alot.

ok 3rd cent - i think an OT forum would be very nice, i think alot of people here have a ton to add to the music recording community and it would be nice to discuss things not SAW related and not clutter the SAW specific page. however that is up to Bob and Jeanne and i don't want to drop more work on them.

Dave Labrecque
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Good to have you back, Scott. Missed ya. :)

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
My comment was not focused on Mr. Chavez one way or the other. I only sought to bring humor to a sad situation (i.e., the leaving of Pedro), knowing that he himself has been a vocal opponent of said leader.

Yeah, it's good to know you approve of using rogue leaders of nations for humorous interlude. ;)

Dave Labrecque
11-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, it's good to know you approve of using rogue leaders of nations for humorous interlude. ;)

Uh... I don't think he's exactly breaking new comedic ground, there, Mark. Methinks you doth protest too much. You're not a former rogue leader of a nation, by any chance, are you? I can smell 'em a mile away.

studio-c
11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
It worked really well for Mel Brooks in "The Producers"...:)

Pedro, I'll think of you every time I'm walking in Boston and see the giant Citgo sign... :)

Scott

studio-c
11-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Good to have you back, Scott. Missed ya. :)
Thanks Dave,
After 5 weeks of pretty much being on the road and living out of a suitcase, I got home and the wife announces a surprise: we're going on a trip to Napa Valley wine country! So another week in a suitcase and now I'm back.

I did manage to narrowly avoid a trip to Boston next week. Whew! I just wanna be here and FINALLY get to download SS4.0

My wife doesn't understand me... ;)

Cheers,
Scott

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Uh... I don't think he's exactly breaking new comedic ground, there, Mark. Methinks you doth protest too much. You're not a former rogue leader of a nation, by any chance, are you? I can smell 'em a mile away.

I think John knows what I mean.:)

BTW, I'm the current leader of Guitar Nation.

Mark

studio-c
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
One last thing to bring this OT thread back OnT:

If you see an OT heading and don't want to go there, don't click it :)

Actually many of the OnT threads go OT. Are we going to legislate rules making us stay on topic? The levity is half of the fun for me anyway. I don't know how you would make it stick.

Topic: Mp3 Codecs
"Oh, I have a great picture of a hand on fire! Go to the OT forum and you'll see what I mean. It would be a really funny response to Mark's post, but I don't want to get a nastygram from the OT police! CLICK HERE"

Cheers,
Scott

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Topic: Mp3 Codecs
"Oh, I have a great picture of a hand on fire! Go to the OT forum and you'll see what I mean. It would be a really funny response to Mark's post, but I don't want to get a nastygram from the OT police! CLICK HERE"

Since there is not a native MP3 conversion tool in SS, your post would therefore be OT, and you would have to put it in the OT forum with pre-amps, third party plug-ins, file exchange issues with other apps, what mics to use on guitars, and comments on record company policies and politics that affect our business.

But first you would have to sort through the dozens of posts that discuss whether or not it was OT.

Perhaps there should be a vote on whether or not each post is OT?:eek:

Mark

Rabbit
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM

Mark

Where's Pedro when you need him? :rolleyes:

heheh... :D

Bruce Callaway
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM

MarkFar too much democracy, you will need to form a committee just to set the rules for deliberating on OT vs on topic, then we can vote using the rules as guideline. I work with government agencies all the time and this is what makes them such a joy to deal with :rolleyes:

studio-c
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM

Mark

I think we're agreeing here, Mark. Fact is, I'm interested in the people here as a community, whether they're asking a question, giving information on SAW, excited about a new production or trick in SAW, or just blowing off some steam. I like it all. And you're right. Sorting the stuff out would be so messy anyway. I live in an area with a homeowners association, and we get HOA nastygrams for leaving our trash cans too far from the curb and such nonsense. Not really into being policed elsewhere. :)

I like hanging with you all. I like that it's loose and spontaneous and has messy hair. I'll search for info if I need it.

Cheers,
the ever OT Scott

SoundSuite
11-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Since there is not a native MP3 conversion tool in SS
*snip*

http://www.jms-audioware.com/lace.htm

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.jms-audioware.com/lace.htm

Right, a third party plug-in.

Microstudio
11-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Good luck to you all.

Farewell

TTT

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
TTT

Forum police brutality...either produce a warrant, or cease with the harassment and let us go about our business.:)

DominicPerry
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Forum police brutality...either produce a warrant, or cease with the harassment and let us go about our business.:)

Persecution complex? Maybe you want the forum to yourself? Or just to have it your own way. Either way, I'm gone too.

Dominic

Mark Stebbeds
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Persecution complex? Maybe you want the forum to yourself?

No, not at all.

Or just to have it your own way.

I don't have an "own way"...do you?

Either way, I'm gone too.

Because your not getting your way?:)

Mark

Marvin
11-29-2006, 08:48 PM
...maybe we could solve everything by having one forum for SAW users, and one for non-SAW users :p :D :eek:

// Marvin

John Hernandez
11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, it's good to know you approve of using rogue leaders of nations for humorous interlude. ;)Yeah...but Hugo really is...

SoundSuite
11-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Mark, you said 'Native' which I interpreted as not VST or DX, but Native SS plugin API.

Main reason I replyed is for any newcomers that may hit this thread and say 'what, no mp3 conversion in SS, screw that', which would be incorrect.

TotalSonic
11-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Mark, you said 'Native' which I interpreted as not VST or DX, but Native SS plugin API.

Main reason I replyed is for any newcomers that may hit this thread and say 'what, no mp3 conversion in SS, screw that', which would be incorrect.

Agreed - it would 100% incorrect unless the definition of "native" is taken to a slightly ridiculous strictest "letter of the law" as far as I'm concerned. LACE is freeware, readily downloadable, installs incredibly easily, works seamlessly with SAW, and works directly with SAW's built in "Build Mix to FX" command option. Not only that but it integrates directly with JMS Audioware's CSG & BFG to boot.
Did RML Labs issue it? No. Is it "SAW native"? Yes, absolutely - it allows the end user to create mp3's and ogg vorbis files directly in the SAW environment using a SAW native plugin.

Whether it provides the best alternative of creating mp3's for SAW users totally depends on the end user's preferred work flow - i.e. for some users using a stand alone converter might be faster - but it does indeed exist, and has existed for a number of years in fact, as a way of doing export to mp3 directly in SAW, and it works exactly as advertised.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Neal Starrett
11-30-2006, 12:19 AM
My message to Pedro
http://www.icq.com/friendship/pages/browse_page_18981.php

Neal

studio-c
11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Crikey...

I mentioned a hypothetical thread called "mp3 codecs" to show that someone might have an OT interjection that they'd not be able to include "inline" but would have to refer to another area of the forum by clicking a link to send them elsewhere. The point is that it would possibly ruin the spontaneity, rather than just putting the joke, picture, observation, rant, jab right there in the thread. Looks like we're getting some examples of that right here. Nevertheless, I'd be tempted to let it be. I don't think there's any stopping people putting funny, OT or inflamatory posts anywhere they please anyhow.

This is turning into the friggin Three Stooges. I'll see you guys in a while. Gonna go solicit some hits on myspace by trolling the ProTools forum... :)

Scott

Neal Starrett
11-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Yea, out of the flow I suppose, but if you look at my measily 250 some post it would be the first time and thats something I can't say for some. Fact is, I was just tryin to humor the starter of this thread, Pedro. Thats if he was indeed looking. First time I've EVER seen someone repremanded for it also. exit, stage left.

Mark Stebbeds
11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Agreed - it would 100% incorrect unless the definition of "native" is taken to a slightly ridiculous strictest "letter of the law" as far as I'm concerned.

Good grief. Lighten up guys. It was a joke about what would constitute OT threads and Forum Police...i.e., all things not SS (exaggerated) such as mics, guitars, and third party plug ins.

I'd be the last person to be serious about something being OT.:D

LIGHTEN UP.:eek:

Mark

Mark Stebbeds
11-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Crikey...

I mentioned a hypothetical thread called "mp3 codecs" to show that someone might have an OT interjection that they'd not be able to include "inline" but would have to refer to another area of the forum by clicking a link to send them elsewhere. The point is that it would possibly ruin the spontaneity, rather than just putting the joke, picture, observation, rant, jab right there in the thread.

:) I guess jokes about OT are OT.

I think there should be a separate forum for the Forum Police. They can chat amongst themselves about what they can't post.:)

Mark

Jay Q
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I think there should be a separate forum for the Forum Police. They can chat amongst themselves about what they can't post.:) Would you moderate it? :)

Jay

Microstudio
11-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I think there should be a forum just for Mark... he could go on and on and on debating with himself and I am sure he would find something to light a fire about.... all by himself...:D

Now he will chop this up and quote reply....:rolleyes:

SoundSuite
12-01-2006, 02:37 PM
I think there should be a forum just for Mark...

I agree, a section in particular where all of his posts are not seen by anyone here, user or guest, would be perfect.

Ian Alexander
12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I've learned a lot from Mark and others who choose to lay out their unvarnished opinions. Readers who expect people like Mark to cave in when criticized don't get out enough.

How you respond to someone with whom you disagree is up to you. It does require accepting the fact that it's okay to have different opinions. IMO, the forum is richer with a wide variety of voices. If everyone here had the same experience and the same attitude as I have, I wouldn't learn much.

Craig Allen
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
How you respond to someone with whom you disagree is up to you. It does require accepting the fact that it's okay to have different opinions. IMO, the forum is richer with a wide variety of voices. If everyone here had the same experience and the same attitude as I have, I wouldn't learn much.
STRONGLY Agree!

SoundSuite
12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
IMO, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, a one way street is exactly that, and not good for learning.
Its about respect and civil manners, which is a few of, if not the most positive things we as a community have to offer.

Perry
12-01-2006, 04:04 PM
IMO, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, a one way street is exactly that, and not good for learning.
Its about respect and civil manners, which is a few of, if not the most positive things we as a community have to offer.

Wishing to avoid further arguments here on my part.. for a number of reasons... but I will agree with this.. and I do. :)

thanks Jon,

Perry

Mark Stebbeds
12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree, a section in particular where all of his posts are not seen by anyone here, user or guest, would be perfect.

You can have your own perfect little forum now.:)

Just go to User CP->Ignore List, and enter any member whose posts you wish to ignore...and never see their posts again.;)

Unless of course you really prefer to lurk and flame.:)

Mark

Dave Labrecque
12-02-2006, 06:44 PM
How you respond to someone with whom you disagree is up to you.

Remember that, people. That is where your power is.

Sometimes a decision not to respond is the most powerful response.

John Hernandez
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM

Wow. Heavy stuff, Labrecque.

Blessings,
John

Perry
12-03-2006, 12:14 AM

Awesome! :)

Carey Langille
12-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Amazingly PROFOUND!! - ***Ignore system Engaged!***-;)