PDA

View Full Version : Compressor?

bertie
05-26-2004, 05:56 AM
hi Bob,

how does SAWStudio handle Compressor effect built in SAWStudio mixing desk-not a plugin!

i used the whole 72 tracks in my SAWStudio 3.7b and each of the chanels had their compressor on, and amazingly when i clicked play all 72 tracks played normaly without glitching the audio playback, but when i tried the same as above with Cubase & Nuendo i was able to play only 8 tracks.

so what's the secret?

And, is there somewhere an audio software written in assembly same as SAWStudio?

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)
:)

Yura
05-26-2004, 08:37 AM
I join to the answer and as I went to some of Nuendos forum to see how they disputy call SAW an "ordinary" program... just to send them this observation. :cool: :mad: :o

Bob L
05-26-2004, 08:55 AM
No secret... just assembly language and lots of attention to performance.

My focus with the SAW product line has always been to keep pushing the limits towards reaching the goal of truly being able to do large scale mixing in the virtual world.

SAWStudio is the current eveolution of 12 years of sticking with that focus.

8 channels of compressed signal does not qualify, in my opinion, as a real mixing desk.

The whole focus with SAWStudio is about being able to truly mix real sessions as if you were using your favorite console and outboard gear...

I have done some of the biggest projects in my 30+ year audio career within the last few years, completely inside the SAWStudio virtual environment... and the results are some of the best work I have ever done, in my opinion, and I had the most joy while doing them.

I doubt I will ever sit behind a physical mixing desk ever again, by choice... the clarity and smoothness of the final mixes I am creating in SAWStudio, is a dream come true for me.

Bob L

Carey Langille
05-26-2004, 09:12 AM
DITTO!.. SawStudio makes Mixing a dream... Changes, Fast! Options, limitless!... We have a real beast on our hands here. I would put my SS rig up against any other DAW and feel VERY comfortable that it could do everthing, if not more, then the rest... (IMHO)... My console is nothing more than mic pres and a headphone mix center.. Its days are numbered... :)

Oz Nimbus
05-26-2004, 09:23 AM
I doubt I will ever sit behind a physical mixing desk ever again, by choice... the clarity and smoothness of the final mixes I am creating in SAWStudio, is a dream come true for me.

Bob L

I'd say its a dream come true for a whole lot of us.

mghtx
05-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Ditto what Oz said. A real dream come true for me. In '87 I was in a band and we cut some tracks at a local studio that had like $60,000 worth of gear. And SSbasic blows that studio out the door without a sweat.

Another thing I like....I don't HAVE to have the latest big gun computer to get alot out of SS. Unlike other software. ;)