PDA

View Full Version : my head hurts!!

lofi studios
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
i am really not getting the hang of this, its just too logical!! i've been weened off real workflow into the psuedo ideas pro fools and clueless have fed me.

i now find that i have to think about the right way to work, in fury bloody rating!! i dont do thinking!!

i have only one problem stoping me from purchasing this system, the no of input/output streams, why is it so limited? i have two mixtreme 192 cards, giving me 32 streams total, i can use all of these in every other daw, why is SAW so limited.

incase some have not worked out the first bit, its a breath of fresh air!! thank you bob.

TotalSonic
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
i am really not getting the hang of this, its just too logical!! i've been weened off real workflow into the psuedo ideas pro fools and clueless have fed me.

i now find that i have to think about the right way to work, in fury bloody rating!! i dont do thinking!!

i have only one problem stoping me from purchasing this system, the no of input/output streams, why is it so limited? i have two mixtreme 192 cards, giving me 32 streams total, i can use all of these in every other daw, why is SAW so limited.

incase some have not worked out the first bit, its a breath of fresh air!! thank you bob.

The full version of SAWStudio allows up to 24 STEREO input and output devices - allowing you to have up to 48 mono channels of i/o - 16 more mono channels than your Mixtreme 192 provides.

If you need more physical i/o than this if your tracking some insanely larged sized session - then you can tie up to 8 computers all synced together via a simple TCP/IP connection for more i/o. Sync 2 computers up and you have 96 mono i/o channels!!

Mixtreme 192 also supports the proprietary DWave driver protocol available only for SAW, which, for some systems can give extremely stable very low latency performance superior in some cases to what you get via ASIO.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Perry
12-11-2006, 04:43 PM

LOL! :D I understand what you're saying! Not wanting to open that debate here (heaven forbid that!:) ) but I did a session on Pro Tools just yesterday at another studio, and yes, SAWStudio is a breath of freash air. And as Steve pointed out, there are indeed 48 I/O available on the full version (24 stereo).

FWIW, I run SAWStudio along with the Soundscape Mixpander and I can assign the full 48 I/O in SAWStudio. Also, I worked with SAW and Soundscape combination (2 X Mixtreme) for many years and I can attest that this is a very powerful combination... and highly recommended. :)

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you with this.

All the best,

perry

lofi studios
12-11-2006, 04:44 PM
supose i am just greedy, but its a limit that i could do without, give me 24 sterio in the basic and charge me $600!!

my son loves cubase, heard 1 min of his band recorded in saw,through the same mics on the same night as i did it in cubase, his jaw dropped!!

its the fact that i have h/phones, mics, outboard etc set up permanantly.

i will just have to relearn workflow!!

they say, when you stop learning, you die, thanks to bob, looks like i might be here for a good while yet:)

wonder if my bank manager will lend me $2500

TotalSonic
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM

Actually the price for full SAWStudio via any VIP Affiliate is $2000.

OR - you can get started with just $200 down and $100 a month via the "Good Faith Program"

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Perry
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
supose i am just greedy, but its a limit that i could do without, give me 24 sterio in the basic and charge me $600!!

my son loves cubase, heard 1 min of his band recorded in saw,through the same mics on the same night as i did it in cubase, his jaw dropped!!

they say, when you stop learning, you die, thanks to bob, looks like i might be here for a good while yet:)

Yes... it does sound good, doesn't it!!! :) Just to let you know, if you buy through a VIP you can get a substantial discount.

http://www.sawstudio.com/affiliates.htm

Thanks

Perry

Microstudio
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Go with the Good faith program... I did, you can pay $100 a month and at any time you can pay it off if you want.