PDA

View Full Version : Amplitube 2 and saw

prosodio
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi! I´me trying to record and monitoring with amplitube2 into saw, I can record but I can´t listen anything while I play. These are the steps I follow:

I patch amplitube prefader in track 1
I select multitrack in the top of channel strip
I press record and select the mono input from my card, that´s the input where the guitar is plugged.
When I press rec ready or live mode I can´t hear anything.

Am I doing something wrong???

jazzboxmaker
12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Prosodio
You have to select the hardware (physical input) in the top (I/A) of the mixer channel strip. When you go to record mode, click "Input" then select mixer channel (track) you are recording to. Don't select the hardware. To playback after recording,
you have to remove the VST from the track or select then ctrl drag the audio to a different track. The VST will not pass audio through it.

Larry Burger
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Prosodio:

You could set the track input to the mono input from your card.
If you select amplitube 2 pre fader I think it records it to the track.

If you select amplitube 2 post fader you can hear it to record but it will not burn to the audio.

Sam C
12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
patch the plug into track 1 and record on track 2 (with the input zone pointing back to track 1)... Track 2 will then record whatever signal is on track 1.

UpTilDawn
12-18-2006, 03:20 PM
you have to remove the VST from the track or select then ctrl drag the audio to a different track...

Or simply Ctrl/drag the audio region (if there's only one... not multiples). No need to select first if there's only one region.

Couldn't you also assign the recording to go to a different track than the one the vst is on? It's my understanding that you could do this to avoid the need to take the vst out of the track or Ctrl/drag the region for playback............................. (edit) As Sam points out. :)
I'm guessing there since I haven't used vst's.

DanT

Bob L
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
I believe this plug acts as a simple processing plug... processing audio as it passes thru... so, you would use Live mode and set the channel input assign at the top to the device your gtr is plugged into... then since it is mono, click next to the mono switch and use the L-Only option...

Now when you engage live mode, you will pass your gtr sound thru the mixer channel and thru the plugin... if the plug is pre, the processed signal will be heard and recorded as processed... but if you change the routing in the mixer menu and place the pre patch before the eq and dyn... the gtr will record flat and you will still hear the processing...

Playback will require the use of the Shift-Key to temporarily switch the channel back to MT instead of input.

Now... if you are using 4.0... then you have the full monitoring and auto playback tape-style switching when you playback and overdub... this is the way to go... set the audio Monitoring mode in the Options menu to Tape-Style mode and then things will work as a typical console and multitrack tape deck.

Bob L