PDA

View Full Version : Combining two mono tracks to make one stereo track?

CurtZHP
01-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Is there a way to do this? I read the manual, but couldn't seem to find it. (It's probably there, I just missed it.)

I've got an old session I imported from SAWPro that has two separate drum tracks, Drums Left and Drums Right. For simplicity's sake, I'd like to mate them into a single stereo track in SAW Studio.

Help!

:confused:

Gerrysan
01-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Hy CUtz
Bring them into SS on to tracks Line them up
Pan the left to left and right to right process mixdown to your new stereo drumtrack
Hope this helps
Cheers
Gerrysan

CurtZHP
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks! I had actually thought of doing that, but I figured there might be a feature buried in there somewhere that did it automagically.

AudioAstronomer
01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks! I had actually thought of doing that, but I figured there might be a feature buried in there somewhere that did it automagically.

Even with an automagic feature you'd have to decide which track would be left, then right and click a button to create a new file :)

Same number of steps :)

You dont even need to open a new project, you can either solo both tracks by hitting the solo button or the track number, then mixdown to a new track. Disable the old tracks and they'll always be there for reference.

CurtZHP
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Work, work, work!!

Like I've got nothing better to do!

:p

TotalSonic
01-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Rail Rogut's "Interleaver" freeware utility app does an awesome job of combining 2 mono files L+R to a single stereo file and can do batch conversions also -

http://www.railjonrogut.com/Interleaver.zip

Definitely a recommended download for the SAWyer's toolbox.

Best regards,
Steve Berson