PDA

View Full Version : Sub Mixing

Dingo
05-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Can someone explain how I can do a submx of, lets say, drums? I have my drums on tracks 1-4 and I want to run them all through the same fader so I can compress them, reverb etc. Anyone? Thanks.
Dave

ghowardjr
05-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Can someone explain how I can do a submx of, lets say, drums? I have my drums on tracks 1-4 and I want to run them all through the same fader so I can compress them, reverb etc. Anyone? Thanks.
Dave

Assign the drum tracks to out #2 in the assignment section of the mixer and un-assign them from out #1. The output track for #2 will now contain drums only. Make sure the assignment for the output track is routing back into output #1 (if you want to still monitor using a single stereo pair of sound card outputs) Now the fader controls the drums relative to the master mix. Any fx that need to apply globally to the drums can be patched into the output fader's pre or post fx point. However, reverb would not normally be patched in here. Instead, use the send and returns so that the amount of reverb can be changed for each element of the drum kit.

Hope this helps,
Gary