PDA

View Full Version : Forum default question

Ian Alexander
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Do you begin reading the forum by clicking on the oldest thread with a new post?

If so, when you reach the end of that thread, do you click "Next thread" at the bottom?

If so, when you run out of threads with new posts, do you wish you ended up back at the list of threads, instead of at the list of the three forums (SawStudio/SawBay/Announcements)?

If many answer, "Yes," is it possible to make that the default on the forum?

If you didn't answer, "Yes" to any of these, please explain how you use the forum. I'll probably learn something. Thanks.

AudioAstronomer
01-03-2007, 02:48 PM
My thread display is linear - newest first.

So when I click a thread, the latest posts are at the top. Since I keep track of most posts via a little program I wrote for myself it's easier for me to track.

I have it set to show 40 posts per page as well... and most threads I've already read any extra pages :)

UpTilDawn
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
This seems to contradict Robert's statement, but mine is also set to linear mode..... but with oldest first...... still, the latest post (to whichever thread) is displayed at the top of the page, not the oldest post.

I believe all my settings are default settings, too.

I have each thread displayed in a new window when I open it so it's easy to simply close it when I'm finished reading the posts in that thread (the view first post unread is helpful as well) and return to my main page which displays the list of threads with the one I selected in red, brand new threads in dark brown, older threads with new posts in bold grey and old threads with no new posts in either thin brown or thin grey (not sure why the variation, but I think it has something to do with whether or not I've cleaned out cookies since my last viewing).

Works slick for me.... I like it just as is. There are so many ways to use the forum..... kinda like SAW.:)

DanT