PDA

View Full Version : sorry

lofi studios
01-10-2007, 01:08 PM
i know that somewhere the information is there, but i have to take my son to guitar practice and as such wont be able to getback online for a few hours.

i use (just started) saw basic, and i will keep the console pretty much the same, as in i want aux 3-6 to be headphone sends all the time, i set the console up for this (f mixer) and hit preference default. but if i close the program, then reopen it, the aux assignment and labels are clearded.

how do i do this, iou 2 newbie answers to the next guy who takes the plunge into saw:)

ive never been so happy having trouble with software:D

thanks

Iain

Microstudio
01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
You are saving the VIEWS... not the mixer setting.

Set the mixer up the way you want and then goto "File" and save as a Mixer Template File.

I think this is the only way you can save it.... I do not have 4.0 yet so if there is another way maybe someone else can chime in.

lofi studios
01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
that makes sense!! thanks Matt!!

oh, and from the bits that i have watched so far, great DVD!!! worth twice what i paid for it in information alone.

see, its not just our prime minister that climes up the butt of an american;)

Iain

mako
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
see, its not just our prime minister that climes up the butt of an american;)
Iain

No - it's not. Ours does too :(

mako

Bob L
01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
There are multiple defaults you can save in SAWStudio... main hardware and option preferences with the Preferences option... F-Key defaults with the F-Key option... Mix Templates with that option... and Record Templates with that option... each is different... and some are interleaved... for instance... if you have an active record template and then save the Mixer Template defaults, the Record Template saves with it...

Details are in the helpfile.

I recommend while you are learning, that you do NOT save a default mix template, but rather leave the basic clear console setup as the default... then create a mix template or various ones that you can simply load for different needs to set the console... these can also contain track labels and pre-patched plugins and signal routings.

I have seen many people get in trouble not remembering that they have a default mixer setup installed when they start the program and then cannot figure out why latency is happening because of some pre-patched plugin on an output track... etc... keep it simple... at least until you master the environment.

Bob L

lofi studios
01-11-2007, 01:54 AM
dont worry about that too much bob, it was just the basics i wanted, 4 x headphones on aux 3-6 for tracking sends, kick drums always on 1, i only work with young rock and punk bands so i dont need a clever setup, not yet anyway, and it was just the physical allocations, not plugins i was intending to fix, and its just a template.

and apart from you, i doubt there are any expert users of saw, just very competant users, you update this so often i will never be able to keep up:D

Iain