PDA

View Full Version : SAW at the Play Offs

bcorkery
01-11-2007, 05:52 PM
It's not much but a chief of a local tribe came in to my studio to sing the national anthem a capella before Sunday’s Charger win!. I wasn’t sure how SAW’s pitch correction would work without music tracks but it was flawless! Sharpened him here flattened him there, sometimes quite a bit, and he’s ready for primetime.

Qualcomm Stadium insists the song be prerecorded ever since the Rosanne Barr fiasco. (can't find a spitting and ball scratching emoticons)

Go Chargers! Could this be the year?

TotalSonic
01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
It's not much but a chief of a local tribe came in to my studio to sing the national anthem a capella before Sunday’s Charger win!. I wasn’t sure how SAW’s pitch correction would work without music tracks but it was flawless! Sharpened him here flattened him there, sometimes quite a bit, and he’s ready for primetime.

Qualcomm Stadium insists the song be prerecorded ever since the Rosanne Barr fiasco. (can't find a spitting and ball scratching emoticons)

Awesome story Bill.
but gotta add:
Let's go Ravens!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Microstudio
01-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Thats Great!

Could this be the year?

NO..:D

MartyBall can't win the big one.

Mark Stebbeds
01-11-2007, 07:45 PM

I don't remember...was that incident also at Qualcomm?

Mark

Michael Naz
01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Thats Great!

Ouch! But true until he proves otherwise..

bcorkery
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't remember...was that incident also at Qualcomm?

MarkYea, before a Padre's game.

BillyK
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
We don't need no stinkin' pitch correction to win the SuperBowl here in Chicaaaaago. Evidenced by the 1986 SuperBowl Shuffle.
Daaaaa Bears!

(P.S. - that prerecording solution seems like typical "overreaction" to an illconceived promotional idea when they invited Rosie in the first place.. so now every anthem is Milly Vanilly at Qualcomm. Even the uptight Tribune company doesn't get that paranoid at Wrigley Field for the 7th inning stretch.)

tank71
01-12-2007, 01:56 AM
I'ts the year of The Saints!!!:D

dhise
01-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Thats Great!

I gotta go with Microstudio here. I love LT and the Chargers, but something happens to Marty and his teams in the playoffs....... I have been a long time old Bronco's fan and learned to hate Marty....

-Doug

Angie
01-12-2007, 08:11 AM
That is really cool, Bill!

And now that the Broncos are out of it, I can go back to being a Bears fan again.

Chicago and San Diego in the Super Bowl. Sorry, Bill, the Bears will take it. :D

bcorkery
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm not holdin' my breath. I've had too many shocking heart breaks with the Chargers. But I can hope!

John Hernandez
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm not holdin' my breath. I've had too many shocking heart breaks with the Chargers. But I can hope!
You can do more than HOPE...you will SEE...

L.T. AND THE CHARGERS ALL THE WAY!!!

duh-duh-duh DUNT-duh-duh...

C-H-A-R-G-E (r's)!!!!!

;),
John

mghtx
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, being from TN, I'm going with McNair. One yard shy of one ring. Plus, he got shafted by Bud Adams of the Titans.

Otherwise, Chargers. I'm all about the AFC.

tank71
01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
SAINTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Hernandez
01-14-2007, 12:40 AM
SAINTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They looked pretty strong, didn't they! :cool:

Blessings,
John

PS: GO CHARGERS!!

Michael Naz
01-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Well, looks like the Schottenheimer curse struck again..

And you Bearsss fanss should be thanking your lucky starsss.

Leadfoot
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
And you Bearsss fanss should be thanking your lucky starsss.

yeah.. you're right, there was no skill involved on the bears part. luck all the way. seattle won the toss for overtime and couldn't score. bears stopped 'em.. yeah that was luck. we even gave them a turnover in their territory that resulted in a td for them.. they still couldn't win.. yeah, total luck, you're right. and it's easy to be the top ranked place kicker in the league if you're just lucky. :)

tony

DBenkert
01-15-2007, 09:06 AM
yeah.. you're right, there was no skill involved on the bears part. luck all the way. seattle won the toss for overtime and couldn't score. bears stopped 'em.. yeah that was luck. we even gave them a turnover in their territory that resulted in a td for them.. they still couldn't win.. yeah, total luck, you're right. and it's easy to be the top ranked place kicker in the league if you're just lucky. :)

tony

Yeah, they were lucky to drop a couple passes (one that would have been a TD I think) and lucky they blocked that guy in the back so Hester's runback didn't count (granted, he prolly would have been taken down right there if the guy didn't shove the Seahawk player.)

I think the Bears run defense did well. Still a bit concerned with the secondary, but we'll see :)

Michael Naz
01-16-2007, 02:05 AM

tony

Yeah, they were lucky to drop a couple passes (one that would have been a TD I think) and lucky they blocked that guy in the back so Hester's runback didn't count (granted, he prolly would have been taken down right there if the guy didn't shove the Seahawk player.)

I think the Bears run defense did well. Still a bit concerned with the secondary, but we'll see :)

Touch a nerve did I? :)

The lucky starsss comment was referring to the fact that the Seahawks were a 9-7 team that won the worst division in the NFL by default and advanced in the playoffs on a botched extra-point-attempt length field goal snap.

Don't be so defensive guys.. you could be Dolphins fans.. :(

DBenkert
01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Don't be so defensive guys.. you could be Dolphins fans.. :(

LOL Michael - I was just messing around. Any of their games seem to be able to go either way so we'll see. I am just excited that the 4 teams that made it to the finals are in it. At this point, I hope the Bears win, but if not, I would be glad to see any of the other teams win (I would really like to see Payton get a ring.)