PDA

View Full Version : Props to Rail!

Eric
01-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I just used Rail's broadcast wave helper to open 34 files sent to me on a DVD.
Worked like a charm! I am happy.:) :) Thanks Rail!

Question:
When the files are imported there is no visible wave. I double clicked on them all individually and they loaded into the soundfile view, then I could see the wave in the MT. I think I know why, but could someone please explain it to me?

Dave Labrecque
01-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Question:
When the files are imported there is no visible wave. I double clicked on them all individually and they loaded into the soundfile view, then I could see the wave in the MT. I think I know why, but could someone please explain it to me?

How would you hope to see the waveform, if not in the SF view, as you ultimately did?

Do you mean when you put them in the MT, there was no waveform? Probably because no .wpd files had been created yet. You can do this by double-clicking on the regions, as it sounds like you did, or by selecting them all in the File view (not Sound File view) and selecting the refresh peak data file instruction. There may also be an option to build the peak data files in Rail's BWF converter app.

Bill Park
01-13-2007, 04:44 PM

Question:

The visual representation of the wave is a seperate file. SAW generates it's own. But the wave file itself does not contain the graphic info.

Rail has been helpful to us all.

Bill

Eric
01-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Do you mean when you put them in the MT, there was no waveform?
Yes, thats what I meant.

selecting them all in the File view (not Sound File view) and selecting the refresh peak data file instruction.
I knew there had to be an easier way.

Probably because no .wpd files had been created yet.

The visual representation of the wave is a seperate file. SAW generates it's own. But the wave file itself does not contain the graphic info.
This is pretty much what I thought but couldn't place the terminology. Thanks guys!

Rail has been helpful to us all.
All hail Rail!