PDA

View Full Version : Spdif out... and then back in.

DBX160
01-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi all,
I typically do a Psuedo Master (for clients that to hear a approx. vision of what Mastering there tracks will do).
Now I use a TC Finalizer for that, via the SPDIF output on my Fireface 800.

Is there a way that I can bring the Spdif output of the Finalizer back into SAW without creating a Feedback loop in the same session?

I have tried with no luck.

Any ideas?

AudioAstronomer
01-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Use aux sends. It's been explained here a few time before but I can do it again... :D

DBX160
01-17-2007, 09:38 AM
That would mean I loose an Aux for Mixing though correct?
I don't think I would want that.

Bob L
01-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Why do yiu want to loop the spdif back into SS... to record it as a mixdown wav file? If so, just pick a blank track and assign the record meter to the spdif device and press SRP and REC. Make sure the Audio Monitoring option is set to NONE, and that there are no other split signals being monitored back into the main listening path.

Bob L

DBX160
01-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Great that is what I was looking for.
1 more question, you mentioned "Make sure the Audio Monitoring option is set to NONE," are you talking about the OUT Assign, and not assigning it? or Maybe on the RME TotalMix Mixer?

I did a search in the "Help Contents" under "Audio Monitoring" and found nothing.

Thanx again, this is going to make my life WAY easier.

Bob L
01-17-2007, 01:01 PM
My Options menu has the Auto Audio Monitoring Protocol option... in the current engine this offers various ways to pass live monitor signals thru the virtual console... if one of these options is engaged, you will hear the loopback signal. If you don't want that, then select the NONE option or you can always MUTE the channel that is receiving the SPDIF signal.

You will have to make sure TotalMix is not also passing a monitor signal.

Bob L

DBX160
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Use aux sends. It's been explained here a few time before but I can do it again... :D

I get what your saying, of course I would not need the Auxes if I did a build mix first.
Cool, Thanx.