PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Saw in LIVE MODE

mpe1224
01-26-2007, 09:12 AM
This is the way I was setup to Record and play guitar in SAW with the ROCK AMP LEGENDS plugin/but I have the same problem with any other plugins as well....

FIRST SETUP:
GUITJams2.edl
On INPUT 1, I switched from MULTITRACK to Dev 01... then I just activated the plugin on Channel 1 of the Multitrack
THEn grabbed a track 2 on the Multitrack to record on- then after ARMING track 2, I click on C-01s (input) then click on Mixer Channels & choose channel 1. THEN I can click on the MUltitrack & hit "L" for Live Mode & VOILA-I am hearing the cool sounds of the ROck AMP Legends...

SO this is the way it was all setup last time a couple nites ago and it worked fine...
I shut down SAW & left it alone since TUESDAY then tonite/Thursday, I plugged in to play & open the GuitJam2.EDL I was playing on last Tues....& the ROCK AMP PLUGIN (nor any other plugin) did not work at all....

I created a new guitarjam3.EDL & tried the ROCK AMP plugin & it worked fine.
THen I opened the old guitjam2.edl (from last tUesnite) & STILL would not work...then I opened my NEW guitjams3.edl & tried the plugin & it STILL works...
Then I went back to the OLD edl & it STILL would not work...

WHat is my problem here friends?...

Here is the WRAPUP:
I am wondering why- when I opened my old edl that worked on Tuesday- "how come it don't work on Thursday??" <g>

SECOND SETUP: ALSO I can setup THIS way:

On INPUT 1, I switch from MULTITRACK to Dev 01... then I just activated the plugin on Channel 1 of the Multitrack
THEN I can click on the MUltitrack & hit "L" for Live Mode & VOILA-I am hearing the cool sounds of the ROck AMP Legends... THIS works fine on the NEW Clean EDL- guitarjam3.EDL but when I goto the old EDL session-GUITJams2.edl, none of this works....

I can open a new EDL & it's fine-so what do I need to do to
make it work again in the old .edl??

I do notice that when I am in the old edl & hit "L" for Live Mode, the MT Load jumps up to 13% right away but no sound from the ROCK AMP LEGENDS or ANY OTHER plugin....

What do I need to do to keep this thing working?
Thanks in advance!
mpe

Bob L
01-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Sounds like you are setup correctly...

I am wondering whether or not the plugin is saving its patch setup correctly in SS once you save the edl and then try to re-open it.

Once you re-open the edl, perhaps you can go to the guitar plugin and first try to pick another preset and then change it back again to the one you were using... see if that gets it going again.

Some plugins have been known to have trouble saving their settings in SS.

Bob L

mpe1224
01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
NO, I tried that-I tried several different PreSets for that plugin... I even tried different plugins-but NONE of them work in the OLD Edl file....
But if I open a new EDL, the problem goes away.

thanks Bob!

mpe1224
01-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Bob,
I meant to mention this earlier.... My SOUND INTERFACE is an ALESIS Multimix 16 FIREWIRE Mixer. I have downloaded & installed new drivers and FIRMWARE upgrades..... of course this was all done last week-before last TUESDAY of this week-when everything worked OK....

Just thought you may like to know about the Multimix.
thanks
mpe

KurtS
01-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Not to take this OT, but how well does the Multimix work with SAW? Any issues?

-Kurt

mpe1224
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
SO far, it seems to work fine-EXCEPT for this little Live Mode problem, and I DO NOT KNOW if this problem is related to the ALESIS or not...

Bob L
01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
How well does the Alesis do for low latency settings... can you get 3 x 64?

And is that ASIO or MME driver model?

Bob L

mpe1224
01-27-2007, 08:39 AM
How well does the Alesis do for low latency settings... can you get 3 x 64?

And is that ASIO or MME driver model?

Bob L

The Alesis does well at 3 x 64.... (Out Preload Buffers is set at 3 & OUT Buffer Size is set at 64 Samples) and normally it does great. And it IS using the ASIO Driver Model....

what do I need to do Bob?
thanks
mpe

Bob L
01-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds like it is doing well... I am stumped on the live mode gtr plugin problem.

Bob L

mpe1224
01-27-2007, 10:51 AM
This is "scary" Bob-you are not often Stumped!
But yeah, I am stumped as well.... if it works OK with a brand new EDL file-then that makes me believe that maybe there might be corruption in the OLD EDL file.... but HOW could that happen?

Can I just import the TRACKS from the OLD EDL file-INTO the New EDL file? Might that fix it?

OR can I JUST RECORD my track LIVE-with the PLUGIN & NOT go into LIVE MODE??
Thanks Bob!

mOjO Fet
01-27-2007, 02:05 PM
You can import your already recorded tracks into the new EDL from the folder where you recorded them into.

You can either import single soundfiles with the import function in the menu directly to the MT or open the files in the library window and import them to the regions window.

I recently also had a damaged EDL. It could not load properly the regions and there were graphical errors in the time display window (the digits went slightly out of frame). It didn't playback and I had to start a new EDL again.

I had this also a couple of weeks ago and the first time a couple of months ago always with these graphical errors in the time display.

Has anybody had something similar?

Michael

UpTilDawn
01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
This is "scary" Bob-you are not often Stumped!
But yeah, I am stumped as well.... if it works OK with a brand new EDL file-then that makes me believe that maybe there might be corruption in the OLD EDL file.... but HOW could that happen?

Can I just import the TRACKS from the OLD EDL file-INTO the New EDL file? Might that fix it?

OR can I JUST RECORD my track LIVE-with the PLUGIN & NOT go into LIVE MODE??
Thanks Bob!

Is it possible that you could use the "Blend Session" feature to "import" the old session to a new edl and fix the problem that way?
This could be helpful if you already have automation and other things set that would be used in the buildmix and don't want to lose them.
Just thinking out loud...
DanT

Microstudio
01-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Are the plugins you are using installed into the SAW folder or another folder?

If they are installed in a different folder maybe this is causing the problem? Uninstall them and install them into the SAW folder.

Thats the only thing I could come up with....:confused:

Bob L
01-28-2007, 01:00 AM
If you setup a new edl and then save it... then exit SS and then run it again and re-open the newly saved edl... does the plugin work ok?

Is the problem only with this one edl... or everytime you use this GTR plugin in any edl?

Bob L

mpe1224
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm so embarrassed!!
What MoJo suggested was correct- about checking the guitar plugins channel ONE & make sure it wasn't muted....Channel One WAS in fact- muted.

My problem was this-I was in in F-mixer checking channel 17 & then when I looked at what I was looking at channel ONE of the Fmixer-which was in reality-channel 2 & 2 was NOT muted so I thought I was good to go... when I looked closer-I saw that channel one WAS muted... geez I'm so sorry!

I need to keep the glasses on in the studio 'eh? <g>

I DO want to thank EVERYONE-VERY much- for your help in solving this problem! I really appreciate it!
mpe