PDA

View Full Version : OT: Phases of a Creative Project

Mark Stebbeds
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Since there is a detailed thread regarding how to charge various clients differently, I thought this would be an appropriate reminder of reality while working for a large corporation.

The Six Phases of a Creative Project

1 Enthusiasm
2 Disilussionment
3 Panic
4 Search for the Guilty
5 Punishment of the Innocent
6 Praise and honors for the non-participants

Ian Alexander
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Whew! Being self-employed, I usually experience only the first three.

Mark Stebbeds
01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Whew! Being self-employed, I usually experience only the first three.

I'm self employed as well, but will take on contracts to provide various audio services for large media corporations.

I have one project solidly in phase two, and another between Phase 4 and 5.:) The script stinks so they're trying to blame everyone else for why it's not funny...."did you edit the wrong take?":)

Mark

John Hernandez
01-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Since there is a detailed thread regarding how to charge various clients differently, I thought this would be an appropriate reminder of reality while working for a large corporation.

The Six Phases of a Creative Project

1 Enthusiasm
2 Disilussionment
3 Panic
4 Search for the Guilty
5 Punishment of the Innocent
6 Praise and honors for the non-participantsLOL!!! I actually experienced this on one of my last projects!!! I was producer and sole mixing engineer...I got no credit for producing and chief mixer was given to a "non-participant" (the tracking engineer who was fired for faulty work, in fact...I was "additional mixing by...")

Fun stuff...

:eek: :mad: :( :confused:

John

Bruce Callaway
01-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I have been uncredited for producing an album years ago. The artist had agreed to hire me as a producer before the fact. I found out when the record came out.

In my IT business, life is just as interesting. I have a client who expressly wanted me to provide a proposal quoted in days not hours. This was no problem and the arrangements were made. After the first invoice had not been paid, I found out why. The people who had insisted I quote in days enter the order into the system in hours :confused: Therefore my invoice and the order did not match up. They keep me in a job!!!

MMP
01-31-2007, 06:15 AM
Phase 7 - Payment on the 123rd day of a 30 day Invoice

Cool, I should get a check today!;)

Regards,

MM