PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel

antiClick
02-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi!

What about being able to use the mouse wheel to modify every console knob/slider in SAW? ..... at least with the EQ & comp.

Just like you do in most plugins.
I know the wheel is also used to move over tracks... but maybe shift+wheel could do the trick :confused:

This would be quite more useful than buying an Alphatrack ;) :rolleyes: :)

Veit Kenner
02-02-2007, 02:45 PM
What about being able to use the mouse wheel to modify every console knob/slider in SAW? ..... at least with the EQ & comp.
Hi Miquel,

this had been asked some while ago but Bob is very reluctant (to say the least) to implement this. The main reason seems to be to keep up SAW's performance and responsibility.

In contrary to a plug-in SAW's mixer consists of much more controls that need to be "scanned" for a turn of the mousewheel.

This may explain why it's not there.

Veit

Bob L
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm still looking at different ways to lock the wheel onto a control without having to scan 10,000 zones all the time and to keep it from interfering with the zoom action and track changing action, which would be very hard to live without.

Bob L

Veit Kenner
02-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm still looking at different ways to lock the wheel onto a control without having to scan 10,000 zones all the time and to keep it from interfering with the zoom action and track changing action, which would be very hard to live without.
Well,

it would be nice to be able to use the scrollwheel if you find a clever way :-) For now I'm very happy with the zoom and scroll in the MT.

Veit